The Eton Wall Game Coalition

May 10, 2011 11 Comments
By

Politics is a pain in the arse; there is the right, left, centre, centre-right, centre-left, upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right, upper centre, lower centre, Uncle Tom Cobley and Joe public.

The Eton dorm gang (otherwise known as the Coalition) are it seems making it up as they go along.

We have tousle headed Anne Milton one of the “Health Ministers” who thinks it is a spiffing idea to close off roads on a Sunday so that “children” can play.

During a debate in Westminster Hall, Mrs Milton said: “On Sundays, they close certain streets so that everybody can play in them. That is an outstanding idea.

Think about it-Streets are normally lined with houses which happen to have gardens which the spawn can gallop about in, and that new fangled invention the “Park” is available for those that live in flats, or back to back terraces. And the responsibility evading cry of “but our children won’t be safe if they go to the park” is bollocks, have you seen a dozen or so “youths” playing in the park? They are safer than the SAS locked up in barracks.

U-Turn Cam (David Cameron) came out with “If you want a modern, compassionate Conservative go for the real thing: that’s me. I am it. It’s what I think and believe. When I’m under pressure and the Daily Mail’s having a go at me, I’ll stick to my guns because that’s what I believe in.”

Or in other words, no matter what anyone says I am right even if I am wrong and I will do as I want despite the ramifications.

Yeah right, who is your accountant George?

And Nick (hang dog) Clegg managed “Suzi Quatro seemed immeasurably cool to an eight year old. I found her music liberating and exciting as I danced around this tiny, tinny speaker with my brothers.”

Say no more.

What the hell has happened to Government?

It has become a “Bully”, a “Furk”, a “Calx”, a “Phalanx” of know nothing, non elected, inexperienced upper class twats that are so tunnel visioned they can’t see the damage they are doing to dear old Blighty.

And the “opposition” is just as useful.

Are you tired of politics?

I know I am, tired of the endless vomit projected from the unknowing mouths of the MPs, Ministers, Secretary’s and anyone else who thinks that just being in power is the be all and end all of Government, tired of the pointless to-ing and fro-ing of piss poor policies that are issued and then put on hold because they weren’t viable to start with.

Whatever happened to statesmanship in politics, what happened to considered thought and policies that are in the public interest?

This Daft Old Fart doesn’t have a clue anymore.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to The Eton Wall Game Coalition

1. May 10, 2011 at 6:47 am

“This Daft Old Fart doesn’t have a clue anymore.”

You have my sympathies. Bitter experience tells you what they are as soon as they open their silly mouths. They have learned to speak but it isn’t worth listening – and how sad is that?

• May 10, 2011 at 9:11 am

“Modern politics” AKH, give me the old fashioned kind anytime:)

2. May 10, 2011 at 6:51 am

“She told MPs that the idea, which began in Colombia, could help tackle childhood obesity.”

Have a lot of that in Columbia, do they? I always thought the weight gain Columbian kiddies had most to fear was a couple of ounces of stray lead!

• May 10, 2011 at 9:12 am

Planet Coalition is alive and well Julia:)

3. May 10, 2011 at 7:37 am

“close off roads on a Sunday so that “children” can play”. Try telling that to the PCSO who threatened the infant son of a woman I know with an ASBO for the sin of playing in their street which is a quiet cul-de-sac mostly occupied by students who don’t drive.

I suggested she contacted our local MP who, despite being a last ditch supporter of G. Brown, has a well deserved reputation for helping his constituents against “them”, particularly the Local Council.

4. May 10, 2011 at 8:02 am

Enjoyably splenetic, but…

“Then we have Irritable Bowel Smith telling the unemployed that they should be offered incentives to move to areas where there are jobs.

Fair enough-ish if the unemployed want to leave their friends and family and take a job which will pay the minimum wage, and the people that move into their homes will be living in an area with no jobs, and we will end up with ghost towns empty of people, jobs and hope.”

I think the plan is to move unemployed people out of prosperous high-rent areas like London so Rachman landlords can’t continue to fatten themselves on the DSS and places are made available for those who currently have to do horrendous commutes.

“And of course George (reptilian alien in disguise) Osborne who spouted “Britain needs a simpler tax system which is simple to understand, where there are no loop-holes, where the very rich do not avoid tax by employing expensive accountants.””

I thought most people agree that tax should be simple and unavoidable. Complexity just skews decisions about where to park money and so makes the use of resources less efficient. Once you’ve done that and found ways to stop not the poor but those who batten on them soaking the system, you can work on making tax rates as low as possible.

• May 10, 2011 at 9:23 am

Interesting comments Sackerson.

Taking them in order:

IDS-Moving the unemployed, according to the BEEB-Unemployed people living in council homes could be offered incentives to move to areas where there are jobs, the work and pensions secretary has said-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10426714

Nowt to do with living in city centres.

George (reptillian alien in disguise) Osborne-I agree there should be a simpler tax system which won’t make a blind bit of difference to PAYE “customers”, son of a B….aronet George it seems isn’t really playing a straight bat-http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/11/25/old-pals-tax-115875-21848294/

Is he? link to mirror.co.uk

And of course before more “reforms” he really needs to sort out the knobs at HMRC-http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1309974/HMRC-owns-18m-blunders-Tax-fiasco-tip-iceberg.html

• May 10, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I stand corrected on the first point, if that’s the only way the scheme works, and please excuse my ignorance. But there is an argument for shifting people without work to make way for incomers who have got jobs to do, and it might help reduce rents a bit if they were paid privately and not from the bottomless coffers of the DSS.

Similarly I don’t know much about Osborne, except he looks to me like the type that the Bullingdon Club sent out to get sandwiches or extra drinks. I can just hear them chorus-drawling, “Get a move on, Ozzers, some of us are in danger of sobriety.” But a simple tax system has got to be good; coalescing NIC and Income Tax would be revelatory for the ordinary taxpayer.

5. libertarian
    May 10, 2011 at 9:16 am

Dear Sackerson

You are telling me that an unemployed person living in a high value house in Hackney can’t work out for themselves that moving to a cheaper area 25 miles away in Strood and getting a job there without a major political intervention and millions of taxpayers money being spent on it?

Christ on a bike!

• May 10, 2011 at 1:57 pm

If the high value Hackney house is not his and the rent is paid for by the DSS, what’s the motivation to move?

6. May 10, 2011 at 10:31 am

Enjoyed that.

United Kingdom Time

Email us at contact orphans of liberty [all one word] at gmail dot com

Authors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
The Quiet Man

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.