Current situation – what people are buying

James suggested that I post some of the early research data from our upcoming paper

‘Some Aspects of Observed Trends in Sporting Goods Sales on the Incidence of Cranial Fractures and Contusions, and their Correlation with, and Effects on, Recent and Ongoing Out-of-Hours Freelance Multicultural Affirmative Shopping Activities in UK Cities’* – (Chuckles, Guffaw, Jumus, Bijokin, 2011, In Preparation), coming soon to a peer reviewed Journal** near you.

Openness, data availability and the like being very much in the spirit of science(CH3-CH2-OH), how could I refuse?

H/t Small Dead Animals, ex Amazon UK:

*Working Title, personally I prefer,’I would not hurt thee for the world, but thee standeth where I am about to practice my swing.’

**Or it will be, once we visit the Editors with some data samples. Phone Hacking is just so last year, you’ve just got to explain it right.
As my professor used to say, if they don’t get it automatically the first time, punch it in manually.

9 comments for “Current situation – what people are buying

1. August 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm

That’s pretty good for a shovel.

• August 11, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Bucko, you ever tried using one of those short handled things for digging? 😆

• August 11, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Why?
        Are they bad?
        I just bought one 😯

• August 11, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I bought a similar item when I used to do a lot of camping. The short handle length means you’re either digging while kneeling, or bent double, which gets uncomfortable pretty rapidly.

They’re okay for digging shallow latrine holes, but bugger all use except as an impromptu weapon in those little hand to hand melees over the next turn in the shower block. 😈

• August 12, 2011 at 8:32 am

:mrgreen:

• August 12, 2011 at 9:11 am

Apparently baseball bats are the new movers, especially the aluminium variety.

2. August 11, 2011 at 10:44 pm

They haven’t outlawed crossbows yet, have they?

3. Jack Savage
    August 12, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I have one of those shovels. It is heavy,all steel, folds in three, unfolds in seconds and stays in my car all the time in case of snow in the winter.

It also has a wicked serrated edge and a very nice heft to it.
    As far as I know, no one has ever been convicted of having a folding shovel as an offensive weapon.

I also have an extremely robust telescopic chrome steel bar with a big socket on the end of it which would also be very useful for dealing with any recaltricant “nuts” who might perchance cause one some grief whilst one went about one’s lawful assigns.

I do not advise anyone to carry a baseball bat under any circumstances. Automatic and easy bust for plod, no matter how noble your motives might have been. Yes, even if you ARE wearing a baseball cap!

4. Jack Savage
    August 12, 2011 at 3:21 pm

P.S. The Russians used to sharpen their official issue shovels (very similar) and used them in hand to hand combat at Stalingrad.

There! Who says you cannot learn from the the Interwebby?