Or maybe not…….

Today (Saturday) I achieve the (not so) venerable age of 60 long, tiring years, getting to forty was a surprise, fifty was a shock and now I am gobsmacked, and thanks to the WBankers, the ex Gov, the present Gov, stock traders and all and sundry after forty years of giving them my hard earned money my payout from the “Private Pension” people is about half what it should be, as is the monthly pittance paid into this daft old fart’s bank account.

Which means that the world cruise is orf, as is the fully restored classic car, new clothes, new glasses, decent food, trips out and relaxing.

I was going to “retire” but that is orf as well, my aspirations of a quiet life pottering about in the garden and visiting “interesting” places have been flushed down the loo with the ever increasing water costs, I was going to spend much more time blogging, visiting and commenting on other blogs but it seems that the study will remain full of broken computers waiting to be fixed.

And the Piss Poor Policy Coalition Millionaires Club Coalition are extracting the urine, it seems that 60 is no longer “oldish” I will have to wait until the 6th of March 2013 for my bus pass and heating allowance but I do get free prescriptions from today.

Which is handy because I see that the number of patients still waiting to be seen at hospital more than a year after being sent for treatment by a doctor has risen by 40 per cent since January.

Sent the powers that be £77.50 for a new bio thingy passport so that I could pay even more taxes to leave the country, been away to the big warm salty thing in foreign climes, and spent a while laying in the warm on the beach watching the turds float by,  got back early Thursday morn.

What the hell has happened to this country in a week and a bit?

It was “summer” when I left, now its autumn, leaves are falling orf the trees, the Virginia creeper has turned red and it’s cold and damp.

Inflation is up, unemployment is up, food prices are up, and I have just got an email from my Gas and Leccy provider to tell me that they are doubling my monthly payment, and just to imitate a prostate exam I popped into Tesco for some go juice and they are charging £1.339 for a LITRE of petrol, which works out at about SIX QUID a gallon!

And the demand for the Honda road fund license has just dropped on the mat (£130 squids).

But at least “we are all in this together”- aren’t we?

13 comments for “The Government can kiss my arse; I’ve reached (private pension) retirement age at last.

1. Patrick Harris
    September 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm

By the time you get the “state” pension, if there’s any money left in the treasury, it will consist of food stamps, electricity coupons for your “smart” which will tell the company/government what appliances you are using for how long and woebetide if you have left any appliance on standby, click you’re in the dark, gas key for your “smart” meter (which the company or government can turn off from a remote location) that will switch itself off when you have reached your nominal carbon emmissions allowance, the rich and politicians will have pay-for-more or carbon swap cards.
    Your private pension is your own, until the money runs out.
    The state pension is a “benefit” ( I still can’t quite put me finger on when it went from being an entitlement to a benefit)over which they hold the on/off lever, especially if you get caught rioting or dancing, or drinking one too many of them there gubmint alcoholic hunits, have fun.

2. September 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I’m a bit behind you yet. I was also horrified to see my leccy and gas bill payments jump markedly.

• Bill
      September 17, 2011 at 5:42 pm

A bit of news about those rises.
      My old dual fuel direct debit with Scottishpower was £49 a month.
      My new one estimated by some crappy software they run, or a random number generator is…. £99 a month.

So Oi writes to the head honcho at Scottishpower informing them they are thieving and gets put in touch with Margaret.
      Margaret and I then engage in an e-mail conversation where she innocently proves that the utility market is a rigged game otherwise called a cartel by stating she cannot see how anyone else can provide me with a lower quote than £70, so I emailed her the switchers page screenshot to prove it. I was using the usage figure supplied in writing by Scottishpower in February.

She also give me some ‘usage figures’ based on my meter readings, those of a meter reader, two incorrect entries made by Scottishpower employees and last but not least an unexplainable three month spike and by spike I mean Everest sized spike during the summer of 2009 which Scottishpower assure me they had corrected which were markedly different to those supplied in February.
      She also manages to find me a cheaper tariff of £70 a month, no maen feat as they have around 60 different tariffs on offer and agreed Scottishpower’s guestimate system of billing was a tad off the mark.

Bear with me…
      Well putting her figures for my alleged consumption into any of the switching websites brings up the same tariff for £106 less than the annual figure she was quoting.

To be clear going to Scottishpower direct can get me a tariff with an annual total of £840 ANY of the switchers can get me a £106 discount off that tariff.

End result Margaret, who I have since found out by other means has some considerable clout has been investigating for almost three weeks and has still yet to report back. I thought I heard a can of worms opening!!

• Bill
        September 17, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Obviously that first “£70” should say “£99” then it would make sense, sorry.

3. james Higham
    September 16, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Happy Birthday – hope you celebrated in style.

4. September 17, 2011 at 6:30 am

“But at least “we are all in this together”- aren’t we?”

Some of us a lot, lot more than others!

5. George Silver
    September 17, 2011 at 7:52 am

Never have anything to do with Government schemes and inducements especially when it comes to savings and pensions. You can’t trust them.

If a person had bought 1 Krugerrand each month for 40 years then their pot would now be worth £582,000. No tax. No interference. Transportable anywhere. Valid in any country. Completely under your control.

6. wiggiatlarge
    September 17, 2011 at 10:35 am

Having retired awhile ago i can fully appreciate all you said,i got a nice warm feeling come over me when i realised that on top of the worst state pension in Europe ,that has had its heating allowance halved during the two worst winters in recent times that my private pension like yours ,despite increasing inputs was worth even less than yours in percentage terms when that finishing line was reached ,i’ll sell the house and downsize i thought ,saving in the process some council tax ,that only about a third of the country pays, and heating costs to,no chance house prices on the slide ,no buyers worst market for years,never mind i can watch our friends in the public sector wanting to continue with there supplemented pensions dispute at everybody elses expense ,oh yes we are all in this together,well some of us are,and just to make me feel even better some idiot minister suggests it’s our fault for not shopping around that our energy bills are so high ,nothing to do with the “green” taxes and subsidising all and sundry to put up useless windmills.
    Still time to go out and see if i can salvage some tomatoes that have failed to change from green in this non summer we’ve had,global warming ,your aving a laff.

7. Lord T
    September 17, 2011 at 11:20 am

Yet all the prisoners are lovely and warm in their cells. Well fed, looked after almost as well as politicians. Must be some sort of link there but I just can’t see it.

8. John w
    September 17, 2011 at 4:28 pm

If you hate it so much, go live somewhere else and don’t tell them, so you can still get your state pension.

• September 17, 2011 at 4:52 pm

You can draw the state pension even if not living in the UK. Also, going to live somewhere else isn’t as straightforward as it is said, is it?

9. September 19, 2011 at 8:59 am

I have worked out that I will have to work less to offset the tax I will have to pay on my private pension, so I will be no better orf at all, re moving-have you seen the state of the EU lately?

Going to phone my gas and leccy provider today, should be interesting.

Still maybe they will bring in euthanasia to put me out of my misery….

10. Peter MacFarlane
    September 19, 2011 at 9:21 am

“You can draw the state pension even if not living in the UK”

Indeed you can.

But in a move of startling (even for the State) spite, you don’t then get any inflation uplifts.

Given that governments all over the world are furiously debauching their fiat money to try and reduce their impossible debts by stealth, this means that you rapidly get even poorer.

There really is no way round these bastards.