What’s wrong in this picture?

Currently appearing on a new TV channel here in the lands of permanent crawling terror, and subject of a… well, it’s not so much spot the deliberate mistake as spot the WTF. Hot house those ankle biters and see if your toddler, or the cat if that’s more appropriate, can spot it before you. This week’s prize is your very own chance to personally save the Euro with your own bank account.

22 comments for “What’s wrong in this picture?

1. December 12, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Shouldn’t the little b*stards, sorry I mean cherubs, be tucked up in bed at that time of night … FFS!

• December 12, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Congratualtions, Max. To claim your prize please send your cheque for eleventy squillion Euros to Angcholas Merkozy, c/o the ECB, Fuckedland.

• December 12, 2011 at 5:47 pm

That’s very decent of you but I think I’d prefer you to donate my ‘prize’ to your favourite fake charity 😉

2. December 12, 2011 at 6:01 pm

‘Several senses at the same time’…?

OK, sight and hearing. That’s two. Have they invented Smellovision?

• Twenty_Rothmans
      December 12, 2011 at 7:27 pm

PVR, anyone?

I go along with Julia, the ‘several different senses’ bit just smacks of box-ticking, ‘more must be better’ hyperbole.

I also fear that the author of this drivel typed similt simeltan simoolt and then gave up. Said author should experience my reaction to it by using several senses at the same time. My reaction is, of course, ‘Cock!’.

Just how many senses, I leave as an exercise for the reader.

• December 13, 2011 at 1:30 pm

PVR, anyone?

Sure, and of course programmes have been recordable for much longer than PVRs have been around. Actually I think it’s more a case of schedule padding as it seems to be a repeat of an earlier showing. Makes sense to do late night repeats of popular shows and sports events for those who missed them and want to record it overnight, but surely not a programme for toddlers. It’s not like it’s going to have a plot.

• December 13, 2011 at 1:24 pm

In my limited experience of the under twos they generally provide their own.

3. microdave
    December 12, 2011 at 7:19 pm

“Have they invented Smellovision?”

I bloody hope so – they might think twice before some of their “Nappy Filling” sessions…

4. December 12, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Aren’t the kids supposed to stay up these days – to report on their parents?

• December 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm

That’s one of the most disturbing comments I’ve ever read anywhere. 😯

• Tattyfalarr
        December 13, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Ah…you lay in bed in the dead of night thinking those muffled clicks coming from downstairs in the living room were just your other half secretly surfing pr0n, didn’t you. 😆

• December 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Well if it’s not her I don’t know who it is since we don’t have kids and the dog and cats are all neutered.

• Tattyfalarr
            December 13, 2011 at 2:18 pm

It was a joke. 😐

• December 13, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I know it was, though I first read it as ‘muffled dicks’ and had all sorts of odd pictures in my head until I reached the bit about surfing and realisation dawned.

• Tattyfalarr
                December 13, 2011 at 2:45 pm

“Muffled dicks” kind of works too…oh that’s funny….hehehehehe

It’s only surreality that keeps me sane.

5. ivan
    December 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm

What is wrong with just reading to your children, pray tell. That is how both of mine were able to read for themselves by the time they were three.

• Maaarrghk!
      December 13, 2011 at 5:58 am

Tell me more Ivan. I was a late reader and would like for my son not to be in the same position.

• Lord T
        December 13, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I’m not sure what Ivan did but I read to mine every night at bed plus I got them to read to me during the day. Including from anything that was handy such as newspapers, cereal boxes and video covers. Just get them interested in books and it takes off from there. If your boy is interested in something get him magazines about that and then ask him questions about articles from it. They will pick up some of the newer words from the context and you can tell them the ones they don’t when they ask.

• Maaarrghk!
          December 14, 2011 at 6:26 am

At what approximate age would one start to read to them?
          Is it best to wait for them to learn to talk first, or is there an advantage in starting reading to them earlier?
          What about the sort of stuff to read to them – a short story that’s done in a single session, or something longer that can be left on a cliff-hanger like the old Basil Brush shows?

• Lord T
            December 14, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Nope. Start talking to them from day one. Obviously not Lord of the Rings but just general stuff. Get the kids books and start from there. General fairy stories are good. Mine liked the same ones time after time. As they start to talk and respond you can get them to start reading. I wouln’t worry about strict timing. You can play it by ear. Just make it interesting for them. It’ll help with them talking as well. I new a woman who talks all the time. Her kid had a better vocabulary than I did when she was three.

Talking and reading. From those two you can learn everything else.

• December 15, 2011 at 12:03 am

I was three and a half. My first independently read word was — not to offend anyone — ‘pigs’.

My mum took out books every week from the library. She said later on that they were boring but was grateful that I learned to read from those weekly trips. I went on to read English at university.

6. bollixed
    January 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

Followed by Psychic TV! Let the gogglebox edukamate your darling little brood at 10pm while you wait expectantly to see someone converse with dead people. I weep. I truly weep.