‹‹‹ Previous Janus Next Admin Note ›››

A Bad Taste In The Mouth…

January 1, 2012 19 Comments
By

…that’s what I have this morning. And no, it’s not through overindulging last night, either. It’s from reading the ‘Guardian’:

“It is unacceptable to us,” said Rakesh Sonawane, Bidve’s brother-in-law. “They say the investigation is still pending, the charge sheet has not been filed and a second postmortem is still pending. The holidays are taking their toll. If there were more people working, we would not have to wait so long.”

Says the man from the country where pointless paperwork and interminable authority-led processes is legendary…

Sonawane said the family was reluctant to come up with charges of racism against Britain, but they could not understand why they were being kept in the dark. “It is extremely disappointing the way we have been treated. We still don’t know what course of action was taken by the British police when they were informed of the attack. We don’t know what hospital he was taken to, what treatment he received or whether he was taken there in time. We are told it took half an hour and that that is not normal for the UK. If there was a delay in taking him, why did that happen?”

Says the man from the country where asking awkward questions of the police can get you beaten up (if you’re lucky) or killed (if you aren’t)…

He said the family were upset about the way they had been treated and that it had affected their view of Britain. “I really want that the UK authorities should help us in changing our perceptions,” he said.”We still have a lot of faith in the UK authorities and the police, but they have to help us more. They have to help us to believe again that Britain is not a racist place.”

Says the man from the country with one of the most rigid and inflexible caste systems ever invented…

It seems the ‘Guardian’ plans to celebrate 2012 in the same vein as they celebrated the last few decades – finding anything and everything, no matter how spurious or laughable, to paint the UK as inferior to every other country in the world.

Tags: , , , , ,

19 Responses to A Bad Taste In The Mouth…

• January 1, 2012 at 10:22 am

GAH!!!!!!

• Twenty_Rothmans
        January 1, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Aneurysm time!

• January 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm

• January 2, 2012 at 7:15 am

“They can probably fly back on the same plane that the family are ‘flying in’ on according to some reports.”

*weeps*

“The whole response to this incident stinks, whilst a tragedy, the dual standard of policing / politics in this country is glaringly exposed.”

Just wait until the Lawrence verdict is in! :twisted:

1. David
    January 1, 2012 at 10:11 am

The Guardian is holed below the water line. If they survive another two years I’ll be surprised. Of course if David ‘I’m a fcuking liar’ Cameron did what he promised to do and pulled the public sector advertising contract they’d go belly up in weeks. But he’s a turd of the highest order and is on the list:

• January 1, 2012 at 10:23 am

They’ll keep going for as long as people keep buying ‘Autotrader’, which keeps them afloat….

• Polly Tuscanbee
        January 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Come on, that’s not fair – there’s also the small matter of their fancy tax footwork, as deliciously pointed out by Guido Fawkes (amongst others).

link to order-order.com

Happy New Year to all contributors and keep up the good works.

2. Mudplugger
    January 1, 2012 at 10:29 am

Wonder how long it will be before the noisily-distressed, extended family ‘reluctantly accept’ UK immigration rights as full and final settlement of their grievances……. but, of course, we’ll never find out.

• January 1, 2012 at 2:39 pm

That’s my fear too. But surely no-one would be so crass, would they?

3. Ex-Salfordian
    January 1, 2012 at 10:42 am

Hi Julia! And happy new year to you!

I believe this lad was killed on Ordsall Lane in Salford supposedly on the way into Manchester for a night out. I lived in Salford for years and know the area well. I was attacked and burgled numerous times and lived all over Salford. The majority of the perpetrators and assailants were youths, some as young as 11 and 12. Potential victims are usually selected on the basis of how green they are; not their race. One is not spared a beating just because one hails from the same country or even the same side of Manchester. The Ordsall estate is notorious. Most of the looters and scrotes who trashed Salford precinct during the summer came from there – it’s a short walk. The only hotel I can think of around Ordsall Lane is a Premier Inn next to a Reg Vardy dealership, but I haven’t been there for donkey’s so there area may have changed – but I doubt it. The guy was more than likely just unlucky and ran into a group of scallies.

I have this to say on the subject of Indians accusing the whole British populace of pernicious racism: I grew up in and around the East End. Should I care to visit the hospital in which I was born or visit the street where my granddad blended tea or where my great unc ran a pub then I’d have to enter another country. The people who overwhelmingly populate these places now are from the subcontinent and the fringes of Africa. The children know nothing of the former inhabitants, their professions or the lives that were led. The rot has now set in deep: Nigerians, Ghanaians and Congolese have set up roots beyond Havering. Where to now? Frinton?

ATB!

• January 1, 2012 at 2:38 pm

It would appear, if the witness statements in the ‘Mail’ are correct, there may have been an element of ‘vengence’ for a perceived slight from the student’s companions.

And yes, parts of my old stamping grounds are similarly unrecogniseable. :sad:

4. James Strong
    January 1, 2012 at 11:06 am

No comments are shown even though the site says that a number have been made.

This post and the 2 previous ones.

A glitch, fixable?

5. January 1, 2012 at 11:38 am

o/t Don’t know if anyone else is having this trouble, but I can’t see the comments. I could an hour ago. I can see the response box and that’s what I’m typing in, but the other comments won’t display at all. It’s not being blocked by software here so far as I know.

6. January 1, 2012 at 12:00 pm

…comment problems? yep.

7. January 1, 2012 at 12:03 pm

OoL’s new party game; guess the opinion…

8. January 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Happy New Year to JuliaM and everyone!

Along with a few other readers (Macheath and Woman on a Raft), I am also unable to view comments.

• January 1, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Should be visible now! :smile:

9. Tattyfalarr
    January 1, 2012 at 6:55 pm

“They have to help us to believe again that Britain is not a racist place.”

There’s a massive queue of white people who’d quite like that too. Get in line. :|

United Kingdom Time

Email us for now via either James' or Julia's sites until we set up a new email here or follow us on Twitter

Comments policy

No to press regulation

Please sign the petition - click pic: blogoff

Contributors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Angry Exile
Bucko
Chuckles
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
Sackerson
The Quiet Man
Witterings from Witney

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.
WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux