A Worrying Prediction From You-Know-Who…

Democratic socialists, republicans, feminists, anti-racists, egalitarians are in for a bad year.

Worrying? Surely, this is good news?

Well, no. You see, the person making that prediction is none other than Yasmin Alibhai-Brown. And she’s hardly ever right about anything…

After all, the very same article contains these gems:

“Next year it’ll be 40 years since I landed here. London is my place, my home, and I feel a slow-growing attachment to England in particular and Britain too.”

“New surveys show the upper- class Tories in government are more trusted than Labour.”

“In the House of Lords some Peers are there just for the kudos, and a number used cash and influence to get in. The nation feels no shame about any of that.”

“Victorian values are back and so too Thatcherism. And right on cue here comes the compelling Meryl Streep in a new, heartstring-pulling movie about Mrs Thatcher that shows her to be a woman having to fight to make it in a man’s world – mother, icon, saviour of the nation. This woman did nothing for women…”

“The nation turns away from progressive politics. The right owns government, culture and media, including the Blogosphere.”

See what I mean?

10 comments for “A Worrying Prediction From You-Know-Who…

1. January 3, 2012 at 11:16 am

β€œThe nation turns away from progressive politics. The right owns government, culture and media, including the Blogosphere.”

I wish. The left are still entrenched in places such as teaching, the civil service and the BBC and doing untold damage to this countries future with their regressive policies.

2. January 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

If the right owns the blogosphere, it’s because most normal people are naturally right-wing. It fits in with human nature – for the most part.

3. January 3, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Well, if my work is owned by the right wing – where do I send my invoice?

4. Henry Crun
    January 3, 2012 at 3:39 pm

You’d think after 40 years of Britain making her miserable, she would have fucked off back to Uganda by now.

5. Shaun Pilkington
    January 3, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Snarky fuckers like me ‘own’ the blogosphere. But only in a gamer-friendly Pwn sorta way – a couple of good virtual headshots and it’s all yours.

We hate bullshit and illogical spin regardless of whether it’s from the left or right. As we pay slightly more attention to the cunts in charge than the wankers pressing to lord it over us, it means that since t’interweb grew up (by which I mean made it on to the phones of drunk fuckers in the pubs you managed not to shut down), it’s been poking holes in Labour bullshit. The new lot haven’t escaped in the last 18 months but as they’re 90% newere, they only get around 10% of the oprobrium. Victims of your own success. Etc.

• January 4, 2012 at 7:50 am

Indeed!

6. January 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I never thought I would wish she was right.

• January 4, 2012 at 7:46 am

I know what you mean! πŸ˜†

7. January 3, 2012 at 11:52 pm

The people own the blog sphere. What’s that phrase; “Truth speaks to power”. No wonder she’s concerned.

• January 4, 2012 at 7:47 am

And no wonder curbs on the Internet are being planned at all levels….