6 comments for “Patriotism is now racism

1. January 26, 2012 at 11:52 am

Yet another move to extend the scope deviant behaviour. How many Australians will now shrug their shoulders and say to themselves, “okay, so I’m racist”?

2. Furor Teutonicus
    January 26, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Last timje a shower of wankers kicked their balls around for some cup or other, the debate in Germany was red hot, about whether the huge amount of German flags that appeared for the duration were a sign that Germany was becomming “more racist”, and “It is a disturbing development”, etc, etc.

However, when it was pointed out that the same could be said about the scumbags flying the Turkisch snot rag, those doing the pointing out were branded: “Racist for even THINKING such a thing!”

Work THAT one out.

3. john in cheshire
    January 26, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Teutonicus, precisely my thinking. I’ve got to the point now that I don’t care if people think I’m racist. I know I’m not; I also know that my affiliations are to my own race not someone else’s. I am pro-nationalist in that I believe in Englishness; it has been a force for good in the world and I can no longer be bothered to argue with socialists who would have me say the opposite. I am also against self-censorship with regard to usage of words. Some words I don’t like, either because they don’t sound pleasant or because they an be insulting, but I really resent being told that I can’t use certain words; so, when the subject crops up during a conversation, I will deliberately use them; mainly to remove the sting that they have if they are regarded as taboo.

4. January 27, 2012 at 5:52 am

I think the real story here is what’s implied about either the standard of research or the standard of journalism, possibly both. I don’t doubt that racists tend to towards symbols of patriotism such as flags but the reverse is not necessarily true. This was pointed out in a comment on one of the articles on this in the Aussie media by someone who said he and his brother, Indian (if I recall correctly) migrants to Australia, are proud to fly flags on their cars and couldn’t see how it implied they support the old White Australia policy.

• Maaarrghk!
      January 27, 2012 at 6:24 am

Agreed. My Philppine wife is now proud to be English, whilst her sister is equally proud to be Norwegian, apart from the matter of it being illegal to smack her kids when they’re naughty, (she ignores that one and has the best behaved kids in the school).

Meanwhile a couple of Mrs M!s mates are proud of being American and Australian respectively.

Little Sister may soon be proud of being Cornish, but she’s a right weirdo……

5. Andy
    January 31, 2012 at 2:23 am

No, Australia IS racist. Not accepting the abbo’s, not letting black immigrants in. Yeah, that’s racist. Accept the original peoples of your county as the true custodians of the land, apologise for treating them like shit then you are welcome to join the 21st century