I Don’t Like it…

so it must be banned.

Reality TV star and former cage fighter Alex Reid has called for a ban on school packed lunches in a speech in Parliament.

Mr Reid, ex-husband of celebrity Katie Price, said he wanted supermarkets, banks and big business to fund free, healthy school meals for all children.

Mr Reid is a prime example of what has become of this country –  nasty, authoritarian and bloody stupid. Y’see, money grows on trees, dunnit? And if we don’t like something, the government should ban it so that no one else can do it/have it either. Jeebus!

And why, exactly is parliament listening to obvious cretins?

He said his proposal would remove the financial burden of providing school meals from the taxpayer.

What a fucking moron. Who does this cretin think will pick up the tab? Although using the word “think” is clearly a massive over statement here.

And this is why my blood pressure is in danger of going through the roof. Did I say Jeebus already? Jeebus!

10 comments for “I Don’t Like it…

1. xopher
    April 25, 2012 at 6:49 pm

One tin of beans, a cage and 500 starving children fighting for sustenance – It’d make a great TV show!

2. Jocelyn
    April 25, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I’ve never heard of that guy! Although I have heard of Katie Price. What I’d like to know is, since when did reality TV stars start influencing public policy? So it appears our government is now o coalition of unelected Quangoes and reality TV stars – it’s the ‘celebrity culture’ I guess. A government run by children for children.

3. DerekP
    April 25, 2012 at 7:18 pm

“And why, exactly is parliament listening to obvious cretins?”

Parliament has been heading in this direction for an awfully long time so “What a fucking moron” may actually be his peer qualification to first address parliament, and maybe then save the Euro with his ‘I’ll just step up on my own shoulders’ thinking.

After all, if you compare the policies from an ‘Oxbridge PPE’ and “What a fucking moron” are they significantly different:
    – get something from nothing;
    – tax revenue is endless;
    – what other people like/enjoy is bad and should be banned;
    – what we ‘Elite’ believe is self-evidently* good and should be compulsory (especially if we make money from it);
    – the law should stop people saying nasty things (especially if true);
    – the law should stop people defending themselves (because the criminals won’t listen to politicians so the only thing to be done is to criminalise the victims);
    etc?

* Despite ‘Elite’ policies being self-evidently good, scientific-seeming evidence will be manufactured and public money will be used to finance pressure groups and various other bullying and name-calling campaigns – because that is how science works in the PPE mind, innit?

4. April 25, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I’m unclear just what special dietary knowledge this man has, as a result of beating other men and sleeping with tarts, to lecture anyone on children’s diet? Can anyone enlighten me?

• DerekP
      April 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Could his interest, and confidence in his expertise, be due to a spoonerism – “packed lunches”?
      πŸ˜‰

5. Twenty_Rothmans
    April 25, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Julia,

I don’t know where Professor Reid specialises academically, but his social life sounds a chime with me πŸ˜‰ Where is Dr Jamie Oliver when we need him?

And as for experts, well, if you were an expert in economics, you’d be Warren Bloody Buffet, not some bald academic wandering around moaning about monetarism.

I’d warrant that there’d be more than a few of them nodding sagely at Professor Reid’s suggestions, if they didn’t know who he was.

6. Tattyfalarr
    April 25, 2012 at 9:32 pm

So says the guy who watched silent for a couple of years while his then-wife shovel chicken nuggets by the trayful down the throat of her disabled child.

😐

7. April 25, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Celebrity’ , the pursuit of the talentless by the mindless.

8. Single Acts of Tyranny
    April 26, 2012 at 9:43 am

When Russell Brand got to talk to MP’s at a select committee supposedly as a former addict, but of course in truth, because he was famous in some way, you knew that any serious consultation was a farce. And it’s not just Reid and Brand, we had that women who does programs about shops giving economic advice (whilst ignoring tax and planning issues), the variously rotund Jamie Oliver moaning about fat kids. Can Dora the Explorer giving advice on cartography be far behind?

• Humph
      April 26, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Hot off …

“Alex Reid thinks his celebrity status could help him achieve a ‘better Britain’. Reid, 36, was at parliament yesterday to launch the Let’s Do Lunch healthy eating campaign with Shadow Education Minister Sharon Hodgson.

And he clearly got into the swing of things as he has now expressed his desire to make politics part of his career, believing children would look up to him because of his celebrity status and in turn, he could achieve a ‘better Britain’.

‘It would be lovely to be an MP. I believe I can use my power as a celebrity to influence young people to help them be the people they want to be and to have a better Britain,’ he said.”

Jesus. Fucking. Wept.