WE’LL Tell You What You Think, Peasants…

June 5, 2012 8 Comments
By

cabinet member for environment, councillor Nilgun Canver, says the fortnightly waste collection is encouraging more people in Haringey to recycle.

She said: “Residents support our objectives to cut waste and increase recycling to protect the environment and the future of our young people.”

Do they? Do they really? How the hell do you know?

The Haringey Independent exposed today that the council failed to question people in the borough during a consultation asking whether they would be happy to see a 50 per cent cut to their bin collection.

I guess Nilgun is psychic. Or just another politician eager to get power to carry out her own wishes and desires, not those of the people she was elected to serve…

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to WE’LL Tell You What You Think, Peasants…

1. ivan
    June 5, 2012 at 9:39 am

It just shows the councillors have never worked in industry. By going to a fortnightly collection they will have men and equipment standing idle for long periods which they are still paying for, working or not.

2. john in cheshire
    June 5, 2012 at 10:51 am

What I want, and I’ve said so to my council but to no avail, is a weekly bin collection; one bin everything in it; and for the binmen to come into my garden, to collect the bin and return it to where they found it. That’s all; it’s what we used to have and it worked. The bins didn’t have wheels in those days and they actually contained the ash from our coal fires. If our refuse is so valuable, then let the collected refuse be sold to someone who can extract money from it. Otherwise, it should be disposed of as cheaply as possible; and I think landfill is still the cheapest option. Thank you EU and your UK running dogs for forcing the current over-priced abomination onto me.

• Loki
      June 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Why can’t we just burn it. Solve two problems; cheap fuel and reduced landfill.

Oh, and pisses off the eviro-mentalists :)

Win, win

• mikebravo
        June 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm

We can throw Nilgun onto the top of the pyre solving 3 problems. It could become habit forming. A large bonfire in every constituency and borough. Come to think of it we would save the cost of piano wire and lamp post repairs too.

3. June 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Amen.

4. June 6, 2012 at 4:04 am

We have weekly bin collections here (I’m in Australia) but they’ve made the recycling bins huge and the ordinary bins tiny to force us to recycle. But what do we do with all that waste that can’t be recycled? THe answer is simple. It goes into the recycling bin because there’s nowhere else to put it.

5. Maaarrghk!
    June 6, 2012 at 6:36 am

I don’t think these councils give a shit about re-cycling.

Consider this.

If you go down to your local council skips to get rid of some extra rubbish and spot something useful, you will be charged with theft for taking it. Many sites have cameras to spot this behavior and they do prosecute.

So much for re-cycling.

Particularly galling when something especially nice is left at the side of the skip rather than thrown in by those who feel that their bit of trash could be someone elses treasure.

Not helped by some of the miserable twats who now work at these places.

Some are OK. I get stone from out of one of the skips at my nearest tip and the attitude is “If you hurt yourself, we never saw you climbing in there”. Fair enough.

The one close to my parents house is a different story. I got stopped from putting a scalectrix placed by the side of the skip into the back of my car by one of said twats. I had a suspicion he was going to have it away for himself. Perks of the job are not a problem to me, but leaving something in full view to taunt others certainly is.

So I slung it in the bottom of the skip and followed it with a solidified 25Kg bag of cement, thrown in as hard as I could.

6. Furor Teutonicus
    June 7, 2012 at 10:31 am

Fortnightly bin collections??

Bloody LUXURY! We get woken up by the bastards three to four times per week.

As to recycling, nothing is so much fun after a night on the rum, to watch the neighbours faces as they try and figure out: “Who unsorted the recycling bins again?”

Wasn’t us….honest… :| :mrgreen:

United Kingdom Time

Email us at contact orphans of liberty [all one word] at gmail dot com

Authors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
The Quiet Man

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.