Life With The ‘Reality Based Community’…

…it’s a never-ending battle between them and the forces of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy™ .

Now, on Saturday, I was idly browsing Twitter, when Ally Fogg (a CiF columnist, but a reasonably sensible one, mostly) tweeted a worrying report from Brighton’s Pride march that kettling was going on.

So, I took a look:

Hmmm, what was going on? Why would the cops – who were desperate to facilitate the march to prove their ‘friendly to LGBT issues’ – be doing this?

I mean, OK, the Tweeter does self-describe as “Radical intersectional vegan anarcha-feminist riot grrl seeks similar for online circle-jerk and possible class war.” but the cops on the ground don’t know this idiot from Adam, and there’s only a handful of ’em!

But the drama mounted steadily:

Oh, the humanity! Was it because of the threat that these crusties were likely to kick off? After all, the police had just a few days ago intercepted a large consignment of party favours?

But no. Turns out the cops were as baffled by this turn of events as everyone else:

She couldn’t even sell this tale of woe and inhumanity to such a left-leaning organ as the Beeb!

Mind you, a Tweet a little while later showed the mindset of this fearless warrior for social justice:

Awww, no! Poor doggie! People following this drama queen asked – not unreasonably – if she had reported this to the authorities. Which drew this amusing response:

People, I think I’ve found the new Laurie Penny! Or, at least, the Lidl version…

9 comments for “Life With The ‘Reality Based Community’…

1. September 3, 2012 at 10:10 am

Interesting how the leftist mind works.

Animal neglect -1
    Live in a squat +1
    = 0, situation is morally neutral, do nothing

• September 4, 2012 at 5:51 am

2. September 3, 2012 at 10:23 am

Last of the Sussex Police tweets:

“The ‘Queers for cuts’ float happens to be at the back of the parade.”

If there was a Queers For Cuts float as well as a Queers Against Cuts one, it would have almost been worth taking the train down to Brighton to watch the ensuing poutfest and bitch-slapping sessions. Somebody’s mascara was definitely going to get smeared there.

I could have taken my pitbull on a string down with me to add to the fun.

Somehow I get the feeling that the copper who wrote that tweet didn’t really give a flying f**k.

Anyway, shouldn’t your “didn’t know this idiot from Adam” be “didn’t know this idiot from Eve”? Or is that itself open to question?

Confusing, innit.

• AndrewWS
      September 3, 2012 at 3:12 pm

“poutfest and bitch-slapping sessions. Somebody’s mascara was definitely going to get smeared there.”

Sir, I perceive you are a genius.

• September 4, 2012 at 5:51 am

Yes, that was a typo by Sussex Police – the crusties had apoplexy at it! 😛

3. September 3, 2012 at 11:57 am

Radical intersectional vegan anarcha-feminist riot grrl

Sigh – sums the type up, sadly.

• Watchman
      September 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

You mean attached to a brief sub-genre of music that was around (I can’t honestly say popular) twenty years ago?

Or that she appears to be a crossroads? Although admitedly a radical one (does that mean there is no right of way?).

And if anyone knows what an anarcha-feminist is please let me know – I think it is something to do with female spiders?

It’s a good way of making being vegan look normal though.

4. Tatty
    September 3, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Hafta say that if I found myself surrounded by a riot van, 4 mounted police and about 25 police officers I’d feel incredibly safe and well protected …against radical intersectional vegan anarcha-feminist riot grrls.

Funny that, innit. 😐

5. Furor Teutonicus
    September 4, 2012 at 3:27 pm

“Crying about someone treating the dog?” I thought these bastards were all about dogging?

Would have thought the dyke would be all into that sort of thing.