What, You Thought They Were Your Children? Why, No…

October 14, 2012 12 Comments
By

…they are merely chess pieces on a board, and the game is ‘Social Cohesion’. It’s like ‘Risk, only with the potential for far more warfare:

American-style “bussing” should be introduced in London to break down the segregated school system, a leading headteacher said today.

Oh, and how dim do you have to be to come up with this idea?

The idea was put forward by David Levin, head of the £13,000-a-year City of London School for boys, who said it would tackle “social segregation” that was blighting education.

There’s a lot of things that are ‘blighting education’, but not having a classroom that looks like a United Colours of Benetton advert isn’t really one of them, is it?

Mr Levin, a member of the Headmasters and Headmistresses’ Conference group of private school heads, spoke on the first day of the HMC conference in Belfast. He said schools should only be able to take 85 per cent of pupils from one background. Pupils above that quota would be “bussed” to other schools to stop children growing up in a “monoculture” .

I can see that going down like a cup of cold sick with parents, and he’s smart enough to realise it.

He just thinks their opinions shouldn’t matter. Not when there’s a glorious post-racial future to build!

He added: “I know I will be howled down but I think in the big cities we need to introduce bussing so people mix up… It wouldn’t be popular I know, but I don’t see how else you can integrate children from different backgrounds.

“You do not have to like someone but if you know them, you will not fear them. One’s imagination is far more potent than the reality. It is at school that enduring and lifelong friendships are forged, often across ethnic, faith and socio-economic divisions.”

Is it really the case that ‘enduring and lifelong friendships’ will be forged? Or is that only at £13,000 a year schools?

Come to think of it, does he really think that there are no racial divides in the US these days? Does he think that bussing actually succeeded..?

Children at schools with an overwhelming number of pupils from one background were at a disadvantage as they had a “very limited one dimensional view of society” , he added. “This country is a trading country. We have to be competitive on the global stage.

“Children have to be able to understand and mix with and be comfortable with people from a range of different backgrounds. It’s as important that English children don’t grow up monocultural [just as it is for] Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Portuguese children.

“We should try and forge a mix of children. At the moment we have a form of social segregation.”

You cannot force people to mix. It’s been tried, and failed. Even in the country you quote as an example, it failed!

You will merely build more resentment and less co-operation if you try.

Mr Levin said: “As someone who runs a very cosmopolitan school I can’t stress how important it is in terms of the buzz and enthusiasm it gives to the school.”

That’s nice for you, I’m sure. I can see you value it. Some parents clearly agree.

Other parents clearly don’t. And it’s for them to decide, not for you.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to What, You Thought They Were Your Children? Why, No…

1. john in cheshire
    October 14, 2012 at 10:08 am

If I had children at his school, I think I’d be seriously considering moving them elsewhere. If he’s in charge then I wouldn’t be surprised if his school is a cess-pit of socialist indoctrination.

• October 15, 2012 at 6:05 am

It could hardly be anything else, could it?

• October 15, 2012 at 12:00 pm

It is not the first time Ms Abbott’s decisions over her son’s schooling have raised eyebrows.

When she was running for the Labour leadership in 2010 she was attacked for sending James to the £13,000-a-year City of London School, despite her party’s opposition to private education.

Daily Mail.

Wonder if he paid fees or got a bursary swung his way on grounds of colour?

2. Viscount StAlbans
    October 14, 2012 at 12:36 pm

What’s in a name?,Mr New World Order Levin, lets know more about his origins and background.

3. Twenty_Rothmans
    October 14, 2012 at 12:51 pm

“We have to be competitive on the global stage…

It’s as important that English children don’t grow up monocultural [just as it is for] Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Portuguese children.”

It’s because of people like David Levin wiping his leftie tears on our educational system that we are in the fix we are.

Perhaps if Levin had a real job he’d have realised that some countries are doing quite nicely without any of this multiculti claptrap. And if he’d put his money where his mouth is, perhaps he could arrange a student exchange programme with Bangladesh, hopefully involving his own children being sent to enrich the culture of a poor country.

I’m certain such an initiative would prove popular with the parents at his school. :twisted:

4. October 14, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I dislike schools. I find the idea archaic and unnecessary. One of the arguments I hear regularly from those who defend the current system is that ‘only at school can children mix with children from other backgrounds’, and sure enough this chap trots it out. In what part of London is it possible for middle-class white children- because that’s who he’s talking about- to grow up surrounded only by people exactly like themselves? Does he not realize that children have lives outside school, which involve meeting and mixing with different people?

And in any case, while discovering that not every is like you or lives like you is a part of our intellectual and social development, it is not worth sacrificing everything else for, which is what he seems to be saying.

• October 15, 2012 at 6:57 am

“… it is not worth sacrificing everything else for, which is what he seems to be saying.”

Well, quite! Just another aspect of the shift in desired school outcomes from ‘children able to read, write and add up’ to ‘children who are ‘well rounded’ individuals able to parrot socialist talking points’..

5. Single Acts of Tyranny
    October 14, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I am by NO means rich but it’s because of people like this cunt that I am 12 grand a year wrong on the youngster’s school fees.

And of course, he is surrounded by Russians, Chinese, Indians, Africans etc. Whereas the vile local comp is mostly white scrote bastards (in the non-married parent sense).

6. nisakiman
    October 14, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I was at private schools until I took my 11 plus, and then at a Grammar near Reading in the 50s and 60s, and those schools were almost exclusively white English pupils, with just the occasional Indian. There was no thought of discrimination because there was no-one to discriminate against. I didn’t even really understand what antisemitism meant.

So when I left school and started travelling, and meeting people of various class, creed, colour and culture, I just took every man as he came. I just hadn’t learned what prejudice was, so it wasn’t part of my mindset.

However, had I gone to an inner city multi-culti comprehensive, I’m sure they would have taught me how to be racially abusive.

• October 15, 2012 at 6:58 am

You’d have learned a lot of different terms of abuse in many different languages… :razz:

• David A. Evans
      October 15, 2012 at 1:45 pm

In the same way that after, bullying awareness initiatives in schools without any record of bullying, bullying becomes a problem.

DaveE.

7. Furor Teutonicus
    October 15, 2012 at 10:17 am

This MAY work in his oh so very pretty private school, with all the ambassadors bastards forming the “multi-Kulti” side of it all.

But in MOST schools it works that the seperate groups form into gangs, and, just like in those U.S prison doccumentarys we keep getting force fed, the school is a veritable battle ground, when “teacher isn’t looking.” Which appears to be 99% of the time.

There are at least five such schools in Berlin now, that are SOOOO “integrated”, that they have to have a private security firm with five to six guards, and metal detectors at the gates.

ALL because of threats between the various scum groups such as Arabs/Turks against Africans, or all three against Pakys, or all of the scum together against whites. And if one is found to be Jewish, they may as well shoot themselves on the spot, because they will last as long as a mouse in a sack full of cats.

THAT is what happens in REAL schools. You know? Those without the rowing clubs, and leafy grounds, and thousands of Euro per month fees.

United Kingdom Time

Email us at contact orphans of liberty [all one word] at gmail dot com

Authors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
The Quiet Man

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.