Oh, Really? And Yet…

June 5, 2013 11 Comments
By

Families should stop eating meat on a daily basis, MPs warn today.

Pork, lamb and beef should be ‘occasional’ indulgences rather than dinner-table staples.

Hmmm. Let’s take a look at the HoC menu, shall we?

Well, I got to Tuesday Week 5 before I lost the will to live, but I found not one single day where one of those choices wasn’t on the menu.

So it’s like global warming. I’ll start believing it’s a crisis when the people telling me it’s a crisis start behaving as though it’s a crisis..

Tags: , , ,

11 Responses to Oh, Really? And Yet…

1. Furor Teutonicus
    June 5, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Aha. “First they came for the smokers, then the drinkers, now….” Slippery slope, any one?

2. Woman on a Raft
    June 5, 2013 at 1:55 pm

It’s another prelude to the re-introduction of rationing. The government has never got over the power it felt during WWII when it could direct all the energy in an economy for its purposes.

• June 10, 2013 at 5:50 am

Well, they’ve done their level best to spark off the wars too…

3. June 5, 2013 at 5:44 pm

It’s funny how history seems to be bringing us full circle, back to the days when the hard-working poor eked out a living on vegetable pottage while their feudal masters and a self-serving Westminster-based elite feasted on slaughtered livestock and the King’s deer.

4. June 5, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Reminds me – the chicken’s waiting.

5. johnnyrvf
    June 5, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Yet another reason I live abroad, if ‘eat less meat/it’s a luxury’ was even thought by a politician over here they would dig out Mme. La Guillotine…… and bl**dy right too. Morons…..

6. amfortas
    June 6, 2013 at 5:19 am

Pontificating little shits. They sit in the MPs dining room scoffing taxpayer-subsidised meals and expensive plonk, and have the gall to tell us what we should and should not eat.

May their shits be runny and smell the House out. These people are skid-marks on society’s underpants.

• Petem
      June 6, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Amfortas,

may I add to your end note?

May their next shit contain a hedgehog.

• amfortas
        June 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm

By all means. Bring out the hedgehogs. You can find them in the Lords.

• June 10, 2013 at 5:52 am

:lol:

7. Greg Tingey
    June 6, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Some totally deluded MP’s, I THINK you mean?
    We have the teeth of omivores.
    We should ie back & enjoy it.

Oh, it’s a Daily Nazi article – did you know that reading the daily hate can give you cancer?

Oops, snark, etc.

United Kingdom Time

Email us at contact orphans of liberty [all one word] at gmail dot com

Authors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
The Quiet Man

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.