This wouldn’t happen anywhere else

Local councils and government along with the state waste millions on translation services for people who really ought to be speaking the recognised language of the country. Whilst a case can be made for providing Welsh translations in Wales and Scots Gaelic in Scotland, there’s no excuse for it in England. Not that you can tell that to the councillors in the islamic republic of Tower Hamlets…

Express.

Controversial Tower Hamlets council, which has one of the largest migrant communities in Britain, made the announcement last night after a Bangladeshi man started addressing councillors in Bengali.
The man, who had been listed to ask a question about a local issue in east London, walked to the podium and microphone and spoke for several seconds in Bengali before the Speaker, Lesley Pavitt, asked him to stop.
She said he must speak in English, but he replied that he struggled with the language.
He told the 51 councillors, of whom 30 are of Bangladeshi origin and Bengali speakers, that he should be allowed to continue in his mother tongue.
But a senior council official replied that had he given the town hall enough notice, an official interpreter would have been booked.
The official said he could delay his question until next month’s meeting when a professional would attend.

Oddly enough the people in Tower Hamlets will have to pay for this professional, not the guy asking the question in a tongue which is foreign to this country. Welcome to the lunacy which is multiculturalism in the UK though where every person who does not have a grasp of English needs to have a (free) translator provided for them at our expense.

What should have happened at the meeting was that the guy asking the question be charged for the privilege of asking it in Bengali. If his English isn’t good enough, he should have brought along someone whose English was, not be told that he would get his own free professional at ratepayers cost.

Btw this is the same Tower Hamlets council who gives £185,000 a year in grants to community groups who provide free Bengali “mother tongue” classes for children after school… rather than English lessons, you know the language of the country they live in. If their parents want them to speak Bengali, that’s their problem, not the problem of a council you’d think?

This is why I believe that the end result of multiculturalism so beloved of leftards will inevitably lead to civil war.

8 comments for “This wouldn’t happen anywhere else

1. September 19, 2013 at 9:46 pm

One third of Tower Hamlets residents are Bengali. One hundred percent of Tower Hamlets councillors are Bengali – they don’t even represent the diversity of Muslims in their area!

2. James Strong
    September 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I share your pessimism; I too think we are heading for major violence.
    And it’ll come about because of the racist policies of the Left, who have consistently failed to treat people as equals and instead have pursued policies based on skin colour and culture.
    I don’t know when the major violence will come; it might be next year or it might not be for 20 or 30 years, and I would like to avoid it. But I am not sure we can avoid it.

3. Radical Rodent
    September 19, 2013 at 10:18 pm

You is all white folk. Everyone knows that all white folks is racist. This is why you should move over and let non-whites rule for a change. We will show you how to be total non-racist. Everyone knows that non-whites are not racist ‘cos we cannot be racist. Simples. If our wimmin-folk want to wear a veil, and if our great leaders want to talk in their muther-tongue, then that is their right – AND YOU CANNOT TAKE IT AWAY, ‘COS YOU IS ALL RACIST!

• mona
      September 20, 2013 at 9:58 am

Dear RR it doesnt work, never heard a muslim refer to his females as wimmin, and “folk”, cos cos cos you is a muther fool. I love you.

• Radical Rodent
        September 20, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Dang! Musta bin in this country too long! If I’m not too careful, people might think I am English.

4. Hereward unbowed.
    September 20, 2013 at 12:11 am

What can you expect in a country which moved to create and then enact laws which condemned the indigenous population to being made second class citizens in their own country. Furthermore, this was a policy enforced by the white patrons and apologists, the bleeding hearts liberal left who hate their own countrymen far more than all others and if that ain’t racism in action, then shit I don’t know what is.

5. September 20, 2013 at 12:07 pm

All my life I have found the exact same thing. I have lived in a few different countries where all the people there were too bone idle to learn English. Now I am in Oz. I have been here for 30 years and do you think the authorities here have an English Translation Service? Not a chance.

Every other friggin’ nationality person, wog, yid, nip, furriner, dago etc etc that sets foot here, even illegally, even friggin’ Oirish get leaflets in their own languages and special translators, but do I?

There are parts of Melbourne and Sydney where one can wander around and find not a single English speaker for miles. Or Kilometres. In fact for more kilometres than miles. Strange that.