They Are On The Run!

February 22, 2014 7 Comments
By

The NHS delayed for at least six months a controversial plan to share data from people’s medical records on Tuesday following concerns from doctors and patients’ groups, acknowledging there was insufficient public confidence in the scheme.

Well done to the campaigners, and I hope that Churchmouse’s blogposts on ‘Orphans’ helped in some small way.

A delay so close to the proposed start of a major scheme is a significant embarrassment for the NHS and its attempts to inform the public about the benefits of the database.

Perhaps the public are informed enough to realise that, for them, there are no benefits, and many potential drawbacks?

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to They Are On The Run!

1. Tom
    February 22, 2014 at 8:50 am

This previously undetected streak of optimism in you is perfectly charming, but I fear it is setting you up for despair later. The state’s thugs and minions will let this idea of their defeat seep into our consciousness and then do it anyway. I have already opted out but I read that this simply means they will strip my name and postcode before they share my data. As I have no way to check the quality of their work, this probably means they will share it unredacted. If by some miracle I find out, it will be an innocent error, “lessons will be learned” and the offending minion’s career will proceed on its merry way to an unfunded pension at my grandchildren’s expense.

These are not bugs, they are features. This is what the state is for – to keep its payroll voters underworked, overpaid and exercising power over its victims to keep them in their place.

As I lived outside the UK for twenty years and have not been ill since my return they have nothing on me since my childhood ailments, but the principle is vicious and must be opposed. They simply do not understand that the data was given to them for our purposes not theirs. That they intend to charge for access to it, but pay us nothing tells us all we need to know about the nature of our relationship.

2. mona
    February 22, 2014 at 11:37 am

I think the phrase LESSONS WILL BE LEARNED,is as notorious as ARBEIT MACHT FRIE and should be interchangable with the Common Purpose jargonese in the NHS

• Furor Teutonicus
      February 22, 2014 at 4:43 pm

XX ARBEIT MACHT FRIE XX

Arbeit macht frei, NOT “frie.”

WHICH is, of course, why they do not wish any of us to have it. Or, when so, then at a py level that ensures further reliance on the social “services.”

NO one controls a prson more than the one that holds his purse strings.

They can not AFFORD to let us be free through work.

• mona
        February 22, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Sorry ducky not being a prson I did not check first..

• Furor Teutonicus
          February 22, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Typing errors allowed. ;-) :-)

And, on re-reading I have more of them than you.

SOOOO, you win.

3. MTG
    February 22, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Gosh. This should hike the premium on medical data slipping out the back door during the hours of darkness.

Your German improves, Furor. One day it may rival your English. ;-)

4. Andrew Duffin
    February 24, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Hah! You spoke too soon:

link to telegraph.co.uk

But despair is a sin.

United Kingdom Time

Email us at contact orphans of liberty [all one word] at gmail dot com

Authors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
The Quiet Man

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.