OoL and UKIP

There’s nothing like a General Election to focus thoughts on whom to vote for.

Orphans of Liberty has been through one GE so far and we didn’t really support any party, though most of the British readers would have been libertarian or maybe UKIP, with a certain readership affiliation with the other parties.

We’re mindful that, even now, we have overseas readers, libertarians and those with other party affiliations but should OoL stay out of it or not? There are probably a great many readers who would vote for none of ’em.

On the other hand, observing the tenor of the posts at OoL over the past couple of years, it’s pretty clear it’s a state of mind, vaguely libertarian, certainly not LibLabCon, mainly anti-EU and a look around the sphere where our logo is in people’s sidebars, those people have also been much of the same mind.

Plus we do actually have the letters “uk” in our URL.

So we can remain wishy-washy, sitting on the fence or call it for one party – it’s pretty obvious which that party would be. The Libertarian Party might be the one to object, given how OoL started out but as they’re not major players in this GE, then who best represents the OoL stance on most issues?

We think that’s UKIP for this election only, later events will determine whether this continues or not. But on the UKIP stance on so many issues, we feel we will call it for UKIP and will run a UKIP logo in the sidebar prior to the election.

Your comments are, as always, most welcome.

our ukip logo

ukip logo 2

24 comments for “OoL and UKIP

1. February 13, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I’m going to quote you James:

“James Higham has left a new comment on your post “UKIP and Immigration in book form.”:

UKIP, who are UKIP?” 😉

(I couldn’t resist it).

2. Viscount Rectum
    February 13, 2015 at 8:05 pm

I belive there are powerful interests that wish to end Britian as a state consisting in the main of white Anglo-Saxon blood lines which gifted the world with to much to bragg about here. I see UKIP as a party that is aware of the peril to the west from Islam, the secretive Orwellian Common Purpose and mass immigration from all points east of Dover. UKIP or the end.

• February 13, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Agreed.

• Graham wood
      February 13, 2015 at 9:16 pm

VR. Re the ” powerful interests”. You are absolutely right. I think it has been obvious for many years that there are powerful, and mostly hidden such ” interests” .
      These are listed alphabetically on Rodney Atkinson ‘s website Freenations. Do take a look. It reveals the scale and scope of so many europhiles in leading public positions, and all dedicated to the EU and the eventual destruction of nation states including of course the UK.
      Clearly in any referendum scenario all these elements would collude or combine to keep the UK chained to the EU corpse at all costs.
      My belief is that only UKIP with all it’s faults can begin to shift and reverse the status quo of dominance by the LibLabCon in the coming election. Atkinson’s site is very informative.

• Hereward unbowed.
      February 14, 2015 at 8:23 am

Good post and yep, count me in.

3. Daedalus
    February 13, 2015 at 8:29 pm

UKIP for me. Would have liked to stand as a candidate for my local council but other things have got in the way.

4. Graham wood
    February 13, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Also agree James. Is there any other real or practical choice.
    May I strongly recommend (as I did to VR) Rodney Atkinson’s website – Freenations for your interest and information if you were not already aware.

5. Peter Whale
    February 13, 2015 at 10:31 pm

I am against the Liblabcon,the only party that is in a position to fragment that unholy trio is UKIP. So that must be the vote that counts.

6. February 14, 2015 at 12:14 am

I would be voting for no major party as they are all in the same rut. Not a rut each, but sharing the same one.

UKIP does seem to be viable but whether they can effect any change is moot. Even in a coalition. I tend to favour them at the moment, but by default.

I have been following the progress of a rank outsider. Mike Buchanan of the Justice 4 men and Boys Party. He does not stand a chance but has at least the guts to go it alone and try. He might even get men’s issues mentioned.

As an aside, the first time around for Obama (against McCain) I had 47 people write me in on the ballot papers !! So, I came third, just behind McCain.

I might vote James Higham. Or someone else if they bribe me properly.

7. Judd
    February 14, 2015 at 9:04 am

I watched saddened as the conservative party folded in on itself, and now has all but vanished under the present regime.

I watched open mouthed as people in all their lemming like idiocy fell under the Blair Propaganda spell and actually returned the bastard three times, you have to wonder if the country is salvageable at all when a snake oil salesman can command a commons majority and turn the country inside out, and still people voted for the bastard, and still people hang on his every word.

The last election was incredible, in that Cameron couldn’t even muster a majority against an open goal in the form of a busted country under Brown, who was left holding the baby after the Blair years…they call Brown but he had more integrity than that Blair bastard.

The Limp Dumps proved themselves liars to millions of starry eyed youngsters, who in their naivety thought Clog was an honest socialist leaning bloke, the great tuition fees lie soon woke those young pups up to the facts of life where politicians and truth honour integrity are concerned, hopefully the LD’s will vanish back beneath that stone again this time.

Along comes Farage, speaking the truth, ask him a question you get an answer, you might not like the answer but you get one, invariably it’s simple common sense coming out of his mouth and Christ knows but we’ve been short on that for a bloody long time in this country.

I’ll be Kipping for the forseeable…OH and Nigel…don’t you bloody dare become like those other bastards if you get what you and we want because we will never forget nor forgive you, ever.
    I honestly believe if we don’t get some UKIP influence in govt after this election, that Cameron (and this is his plan IMO) will weasel his way out of a fair in/out referendum, again just like last time, and there may well never be another, certainly in our lifetimes.

The future of our country, our whole way of life hangs on this election, there may not be another chance to save the bloody place.

8. mona
    February 14, 2015 at 10:00 am

Camergoon, Millipod, glugg, Saul Alinisky author of Rules for Radicals wrote ridicule your opponent ie take the piss and denigrate them, avoid debate and call them rightwing racists, dump on them, “closet racists”,, gives the game away for Cameron and his UAF buddies.

9. Flyinthesky
    February 14, 2015 at 12:37 pm

We have spent decades tactically voting for what we want to avoid, is this the point where we actually start voting for what we want?
    We can’t change anything by not changing anything. UKIP at this moment are the only party being representative of what I want and despite policy shortcommings they are the only party who represent a change.
    The window of opportunity is getting smaller and smaller. If our current situation prevails for another decade there will be little left of our nation to rescue.

10. Lord T
    February 14, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I didn’t realise OoL had an opinion. I thought that the writers wrote their opinions which are attributable to them.

Does having a bias mean that you will censor alternative views?

If you are saying OoL has it’s own bias then perhaps it should be held responsible for any articles that are deemed to be offensive or biased.

I think you should just let people display their own opinions and let the rest make up their minds.

• February 14, 2015 at 6:18 pm

We’re finding out what people think right now. It’s called democracy.

If you are saying OoL has its own bias then perhaps it should be held responsible for any articles that are deemed to be offensive or biased.

Eh? It is – any publication is. Look at our url as well.

11. February 14, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Well, I’ve read all that. Lord T has the view closest to mine: individual views of individual posters; no overall blog position on political party support.

And my vote goes to the secret ballot.

As for a recommendation for OoL, I suggest some honest reporting (on the various issues) of the positions of the various political parties (in so far as they can be known), based on their past actions, manifesto ‘promises’, and the usually forward looking (vague and historically revisionist) blather from their sundry spokesmen.

And, despite the difficulties with democracy and the people’s enthusiasm (or not) for it, I still call for annual elections, rotating through (3-year terms for each of) Executive Prime Minister, House of Existence (ie the Commons), and House of Taxpayers (ie a revised and elected House of Lords).

And God save the Queen (and all her successors). For who would want a politician as Head of State!

Best regards

12. Mudplugger
    February 15, 2015 at 9:10 am

I too prefer OoL not to have any formal alignment or recommendation. We all have our individal views and, from the content and comments here, can usually deduce where other individuals see the issues and themselves.

We may be influenced by what we read here, which is what good debate should achieve, but we are not drones to be directed as a single mass – the last thing we want is OoL collecting all our postal votes and filling them in for us, there’s enough of that goes on in Bradford, Rochdale, Halifax, Luton, Tower Hamlets, Birmingham…..

13. February 15, 2015 at 11:34 am

You’ll have noticed, lads and lasses, that nothing has gone up [yet]. We’re reading and noting. There are three humans at this end, not bots and we’ll have a think about it tomorrow.

• Flyinthesky
      February 15, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I have to admit I’m a bit on the shelf, fence, here but the essence remains, we’ve been playing ping pong for decades now, nothing is going to change by the continuance of the game. Reds out Blues in, Blues out Reds in. The thrust of my post remains, if we don’t stop the game of ping pong we’re going to have to live with the consequences, those consequences are where we are today, creeks and paddles spring to mind.
      “those who sacrifice…………. we all know the rest. The unsaid is we’ll lose both.

• Flyinthesky
        February 15, 2015 at 5:53 pm

We, it would seem, have evolved into vassal and compliant, I really thought we were better than that. Being older has it’s benefits, I don’t have to witness it.

14. Brightside Bob
    February 16, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Our local area has (as of last May) a UKIP councillor (one of three in the City!). So, hopefully, the self fulfilling prophecy of not voting for UKIP “cus they don’t stand a chance” has been broken.

15. Douglas Carter
    February 17, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Elsewhere in the blogs there’s been a good deal of debate as to whether a vote in favour of UKIP is a bad thing, or is damaging or that UKIP have serious questions to answer\need to up their game sharply\are just a cult with Farage at head. Some of the points are fair and some a bit, well, ranty, but ultimately it soon becomes a fairly tedious Ping-Pong match.

Around Christmas I gave it a few moments thought while I was out with the dogs and put myself – as an EU withdrawalist – in the position of having only Clegg, Cameron or Miliband to vote for – and that I would need to put in a vote at gunpoint. That if I declined to add a vote, the trigger would be pulled and the assailant simply pen my vote in my permanent absence a little later to render my refusal irrelevant.

My conclusion was to vote for Ed Miliband.

The physical body of Clegg takes up valuable three-dimensional volume which would benefit the world better if it was left free. Life is literally too short to look at the contemporary LibDems as anything other than a poor joke.

‘A profoundly pro-EU Westminster centre-left bubbleworld apparatchik and ex-SpAd’ Describes either of the two remaining candidates. I look upon Cameron’s alleged Referendum promise as little more than scotch mist, but the most important thing for me came in late October. “I’m not paying that bill on December the first. If people think I am they’ve got another thing coming. It is not going to happen.”

As most people worked out quite quickly, it was simply a lie predicated on sly semantics of delivery and wordplay. Punters were expected to hear ‘I’m not paying’ but the lie was there in plain language for those used to looking for the angles. So, even after years of Cameron’s reputation as let’s say ‘inconstant’, that he thought that his audiences were still so pig-ignorant to fall for childish wordplay speaks volumes for his lack of having learned anything.

Miliband I believe will prove to be a dreary, mediochre failure and has no place taking high office. Same as Cameron, all the same. Miliband may be pro-EU (like Cameron) but he doesn’t lie about it.

UKIP are standing in my constituency in eleven week’s time and my vote goes to them. They appear to be the only party standing which actually wants my vote. But really the only thing I have to look forward to at the General Election is the grim satisfaction of seeing two purposeless and weak Party Leaders publically defeated. At least it’s something.