Unenlightened Commentary

There is/was a blogger, Ross Fountain, of Unenlightened Commentary. Ross is/was well known in the blogging fraternity, particularly by people at OoL and other places. One of the good guys, so to speak.

I just received an email and shall run it as is:

I’m emailing you because I recently discovered my late brother, Ross, kept a blog, and I saw that you had commented on some of his posts

I had no idea he had been keeping it until after his death, but I couldn’t help thinking about how to let people know that he won’t be posting anymore.

Ross died three weeks ago in a freak accident, which we are still struggling to come to terms with. I don’t know what you can do, or even how often you read his blog, but I had to let someone know.

The name was given.

If it is as stated, then I’m appalled. As I’ve been ill myself [still am] and therefore not up with blogging/tweeting in the past two weeks, apart from the occasional post, perhaps this has already been dealt with.

This makes the third blogger/tweeter who was close to many lost in the past month and I’m starting to wonder about it.

9 comments for “Unenlightened Commentary

1. March 17, 2015 at 5:38 am

First the news about Capt Ranty last night, and now this…. 🙁

2. March 17, 2015 at 8:07 am
  3. Hereward unbowed.
    March 17, 2015 at 9:39 am

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

Times were, when we had a philosopy.

James, I despair.

I see iniquity and inequity everywhere I look, and as the years pass the ruling elite and those who should know better [the whole population are damned] cannot, are unable to discern the difference betwixt the two.

Dear God almighty and heaven and earth we have allowed three generations to grow up and not know the difference between right and wrong. Britain, we are now a people who are totally rudderless, tossed in a sea of uncertainty with no pilots [dead or tripping off their mortal coil] to guide them. Looking further afield, I even worry about the lack of moral fibre and direction from the Bishop of Rome – even he doesn’t know which way is up anymore.

Bumping off bloggers?

Are we mad to speculate on such?

Is it so incredible?

The answers to the above are indefinable – really I don’t know, really – I don’t.

Be safe sir, to all contributors and commenters watch your backs because the police are working for the opposition – Common Purpose or the highest bidder or, worse.

• Viscount Rectum
      March 17, 2015 at 2:08 pm

My condolences, but to not to weaken but fight on, Common Purpose is rebranded Marxism tailored for our dummies in the professional classes, the most powerful word in their repertoire RASCISM followed by junk jargon, equality diverity, multicultural etc,, this degenerate organ exaggerating partial truths to use for the end game to destroy England. Until Bair is behind bars any pretence of national pride is false.

4. Brightside Bob
    March 17, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Let’s see what happens post May 2015…

For the avoidance(?) of conspiracy theories, are there any details as to the way that Captain (Colin) Ranty passed away? From his posts, it appeared he was a kind of ‘military contractor/advisor…’ R.I.P. Cap’n. 🙁

• March 17, 2015 at 8:29 pm

I have no info on this. If some comes through, it will be posted.

• Brightside Bob
        March 17, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Thank you, dear sir.

• March 19, 2015 at 1:45 am

James, according to his LinkedIn profile he worked on Telecoms for the oil and gas industry.

5. March 17, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Only today I wondered why Ross hadn’t posted recently, never suspected this. One of the good guys – he’ll be missed.