Eurovision has nothing to do with a super-serious site such as OoL, so here’s a piece on this evening’s Eurovision:
Maybe you could run the summary below here in a tab while watching the songs go by:
1. Slovenia – nice song, nothing special.
2. France – only the French could like it. At least she’s proper French.
3. Israel – Cheeky Girls in 16 year old male form.
4. # Estonia – up tempo Euro-modern – could do all right.
5. * UK – well, we’ve said all that needs to be said.
6. Armenia – not bad, in Slovenia mode.
7. Lithuania – too forced luvvy duvvy, insincere.
8. # Serbia – element of humour in selection but that body shape makes for good singers.
9. Norway – so-so modern, can’t they find a manly man anywhere?
10. # Sweden – another emasculated one, song is a proper song at least.
11. # Cyprus – hey, the young man is not bad, song not bad at all.
12. # Australia – must stop laughing, hey, proper entry, apart from the tatts.
13. Belgium – WTF was that? The regulation freak entry.
14. # Austria – strong, proper singer, still emasculated.
15. Greece – woman alone type numbers – such ubiquitous voices bore these days.
16. Montenegro – at least he’s a man. Too heartwringing.
17. Germany – always Euro-strong, prefer Satellite girl.
18. Poland – modern whining style, she’s OKish.
19. Latvia – adenoidal cutie, might win, might come last.
20. ** Romania – this is a proper band, good singer, watch closely.
21. Spain – OK, she’s a WAG. Yes? Song is Euro-howling and no promised flesh.
22. Hungary – like the girl, song very Joni Mitchell, bit of a bore.
23. Georgia – typical shrieking Euro-woman being “respected artist”.
24. Azerbaijan – at last, a[n emasculated] man again, song par for the course.
25. Russia – typical female Eurovision pap. Pity after TaTu. Forgettable.
26. Albania – another bloody adenoidal chick – sick to death of them.
27. *** Italy – male voices at last!!! Italian trad. Please let them win.
Who should win
I’ve highlighted with three ***, two ** and one * above as my bets for 1st, 2nd and 3rd but don’t think they’ll win of course. Some honourable mentions are notated by #.
Who will win
The voting is so bizarre, so corrupt and the taste so deplorable, even from Norton after Wogan, that somebody utterly undeserving, like last year, will get it. No out-and-out freak shows this year, with Ireland’s gay stupidity coinciding.
Who the serious money thinks might win
7/4 Sweden; 11/4 Italy; 5/1 Australia; 8/1 Estonia; 10/1 Russia; 16/1 Finland; 33/1 Azerbaijan; 33/1 Israel; 33/1 Norway; 33/1 Slovenia; 33/1 United Kingdom; 40/1 Cyprus; 50/1 France; 50/1 Iceland; 50/1 Latvia; 50/1 Spain; 66/1 Belgium; 66/1 Georgia; 80/1 Albania; 100/1 Armenia; 100/1 Austria; 100/1 Belarus; 100/1 Czech; 100/1 Denmark; 100/1 FYR Macedonia; 100/1 Germany; 100/1 Greece; 100/1 Holland; 100/1 Hungary; 100/1 Ireland; 100/1 Lithuania;’ 100/1 Malta; 100/1 Moldova; 100/1 Montenegro; 100/1 Poland; 100/1 Portugal; 100/1 Romania; 100/1 San Marino; 100/1 Serbia; 100/1 Switzerland
Do you recall the British public overwhelmingly voting for the Polish entry but the British judges didn’t even score it, underlining the corrupt, pre-ordained nature of the EVC, masquerading as “live” entertainment.
Who do you think will win?
Do you even care? LOL.