Tell it like it is.

You will feel sorry if a complete stranger commits suicide by stepping in front of a seven-hundred ton train moving at 95 m.p.h., even if his self-serving death impacts on your life only through a delay to your travel plans.

You are not allowed to state your mind, if you are of the belief that the suicide didn’t want to live any more, to voice this opinion, in public, as this statement may well offend others.

If a complete stranger does commit suicide, you are not allowed to voice any opinion contrary to the majority ‘progressive’ view, which is that we all must instantly ‘understand’ the pressures which forced this person into ending his or her own life; even if this suicidal death was purely selfish, and would have been, if the law had not been altered, a criminal act!

Signed

Gruppenfuhrer Harman

Reichsleiter Sturgeon

ReichsChancellor Cameron

11 comments for “Tell it like it is.

1. May 24, 2015 at 9:43 am

Firstly let me start by saying, I am not now nor have I ever been suicidal, that said I am in a relationship with a man who since he was 4 years old has shown suicidal tendencies. He has over the years had serious mental health issues an before we lived together I lived many miles away, he was suicidal a lot of the time, and I used to tell him how selfish he was being. What I didn’t understand then, and have since come to understand, is that for people with serious mental health issues there is a total lack of control over these feelings. You can’t stop yourself, you can’t “Pull yourself together” My mother was of this previous opinion until she lost a grandchild he was 18 months old and died in his sleep, My mother a very strong and capable woman all her life, crumbled and was suicidal. So in closing all I can say is, your argument is very black and white and I would suggest you have never had anyone close to you be so desperate as to wish to end their life, because if you had maybe you would be a tad more compassionate. Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and NO ONE chooses to be suicidal, but they are incapable of thinking straight.So I agree with your attestation that suicide is selfish, it is not a deliberate selfishness and therefore merits compassion.

• Errol
      May 24, 2015 at 11:10 am

While I feel very sorry for the family left behind and that yes, it is an illness why didn’t he kill himself privately, at home?

Instad, he chose a public place. What about the driver? It’s ok to say he wasn’t thinking straight. He wasn’t, that’s understandable but it was a desperately selfish and arrogant action to kill himself and not care of the thousands he probably drove bonkers (who may themselves be unhappy) through his actions.

• May 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

I agree Errol hence why I agree suicide is very selfish, and very unfair on the train/ bus/ car drive, and indeed the ambulance crew/ police dealing with the clean up operation afterwards however, you don’t always “decide” to commit suicide. Not every suicide goes out in the morning intending to “Top themselves” sometimes something can trigger a reaction something unforeseeable and random and they just snap at that exact moment. It does happen. Again therefore not a deliberate selfishness but a momentary desperation so intense they do an irreversible act that has a knock on effect. Drop a pebble in a pool and watch the ripples. All this I fully accept. But the point is that one word “desperation” a point so desperate that in a split second you make an irrevocable decision that ruins many lives and then tell me anyone would choose to deliberately cause so much pain! No one in their right mind would and that is the point “their right mind”.

2. May 24, 2015 at 9:46 am

PS Prior to the repealing of the law that made suicide a criminal offence, there were family left behind whose lives were decimated by a loved ones suicide.
    That’s why the law was repealed.

3. May 24, 2015 at 10:19 am

We watch things perhaps not as closely as we should, both Julia and I both having our own sites which are a fulltime job.

Obviously we do not wish to see readers upset and do understand that personal situations become involved.

We also have a little issue with this being a libertarian site. Julia and I will have a little chat about things.

Generally speaking, we think the new blood has helped stir a bit of debate and that’s what we’re about. More later.

• May 24, 2015 at 10:25 am

I completely respect Mike’s right to his opinion and his right to say what he want’s that is what this site is all about freedom to say what one want’s without censorship. 🙂

• May 24, 2015 at 11:01 am

Well said, Kath! Frankly, Mile hasn’t said anything I wouldn’t have!

4. May 24, 2015 at 11:02 am

I think it’s fairly obvious that Mike’s post is about the ‘policing’ of opinion, not so much about suicide per se.

5. May 25, 2015 at 2:50 am

So, a female announcer made an empathetic, nurturing comment and some people misunderstood her kindness to passengers. It is clear to anyone (with even the tiniest hint of feminist raised conscience) that the reaction against her is pure misogyny. It would not have happened to a man. And the poor woman, so misunderstood, (perhaps even raped by public opinion) is joined by Mike who is now suffering from collateral damage. But again, perhaps he can learn and benefit from the drubbing and understand a little of what that raped lady announcer is suffering.

• May 25, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Amfortas,

One or two comments which take issue with a post made by myself, and you call that ‘drubbing’.

You wouldn’t even comprehend the vicious carnage which appears when I post some astringent post on another site to which I contribute!

My views are quite simple, and if someone disagrees with me, they are quite at liberty to state their opposition wherever I write; because, after all, we are in the business of Opinion Forming, and if a writer can’t place something controversial, and not be prepared to stand by that post, and that opinion; the writer has no business posting or commenting in the first place.

The only time I delete a comment is when obscenity is used, or a comment which touches upon my family: apart from those two incidences, everything is fair game!

The one and only time I withdrew a post upon the alternate site for which I am (hopefully) a valued contributor; it was because I was writing and commenting, rather acidly, on a Sporting subject. As I know very little about any sporting activity, and care even less; I made a couple of remarks which went down badly with a great many ‘supporters’ of this particular activity. My mate, who runs the site in question, asked me if I would consider withdrawing the post in question, which I did without hesitation, because I had gotten two types of activity mixed up.

But, apart from that one incident, I have never backed down, never apologised, never withdrawn a single syllable: I have broad shoulders, and I stand by that which I write.

• May 25, 2015 at 1:37 pm