Feminist ‘Humour’…

Rebecca Solnit gives us an intriguing glimpse into the mindset of what a feminist finds funny:

…the pinnacle of all rape jokes at the rapists’ expense has to be the Amy Schumer show’s Football Town Nights parody of Friday Night Lights (the TV show about high-school football in Texas) an even more scathing parody of the logic of rape culture. The late April skit features a new coach trying to teach his boys not to rape, to their incomprehension and the resentment of the community.

Schumer just plays a good wife to the coach, showing up mutely with larger and larger glasses of white wine as things go from bad to worse at his new job.

At the outset the football team in the locker room tries to find loopholes in the coach’s “no rape’ rule.

“Can we rape at away games?” No. “What if it’s Halloween and she’s dressed like a sexy cat?” No. “What if she thinks it’s rape and I don’t?” Still no. “What if my mom is the DA” – district attorney – “and won’t prosecute, can I rape?” “If the girl said yes to me the other day, but it was about something else?” “What if the girl says yes and then changes her mind out of nowhere, like a crazy person?”

These arguments are exactly the kind you get on college campuses and comments sections too, the refusal to recognize the limits to men’s rights or the existence of women’s.

OK, never mind ‘does anyone think this is funny?’, does anyone think it sounds remotely credible?

Does anyone think it sounds like ‘something you get on college campuses and comment sections’..?

It’s followed by an excellent, appalling scene in which middle-aged ladies spit at the coach for not letting “our boys” have their rightful rapes. The whole skit is a funny rape joke – about what irrational, any-excuse jerks would-be rapists are and how much communities support some of those jerks.

Yes, communities that take this sort of attitude are disgraceful, aren’t they?

Well, when they are white, small-town USA communities, that is.

When they are other sorts of communities we won’t hear word one from the self-appointed SJW comedy troupe, will we?

7 comments for “Feminist ‘Humour’…

1. Ed P
    August 20, 2015 at 10:45 am

I’d like to believe these rape jokes ARE intended to target the “ones we may not criticize”, just played out with whites to avoid the PC reactions and cries of “Waycist”.

Still not funny, but at my school 40 years ago, this rape joke was circulating:
    “Mummy, mummy, I’ve been graped”.
    Don’t you mean raped darling?”
    “No, there was a bunch of them”.

• Justin
      August 20, 2015 at 12:58 pm

“Weren’t you scared?”

“Yes – they gave me the willies”

2. Hereward unbowed.
    August 20, 2015 at 11:08 am

Feminist humour, does it exist?

Artificial insemination only and here we come Amazonia, but no one even mentions, goes after the serial rapists operating right now across the breadth of Britain and in a street near you. Because they cannot – PC and all that, in Rotherham and elsewhere they jumped through hoops trying not to see the evidence and still they are in denial.
    This boundless propensity to hold two conflicted points of view [multiculturalism is all good, rape is bad but OK in certain circumstance] and never once flinch at the steepling hypocrisy – cognotive dissonance is the only valid currency of the cohorts of SJWs.

Damn them, for it damns us all.

3. Lord T
    August 20, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Well I must confess I didn’t think that feminists have a sense of humour and now I discover I am wrong.

I now recognise my error but in my defence it is because feminist jokes are not funny and I didn’t realise a joke was being made. I should apologise but being male my lips can’t form the words.

4. August 20, 2015 at 2:50 pm

A bit like watching an episode of ‘Father Ted’ or the ‘Vicar of Dibly’. They aren’t funny either.

5. Lynne at Counting Cats
    August 20, 2015 at 4:19 pm

I didn’t laugh so I guess I failed the feminist test.

I won’t be losing sleep over it. 😀

6. August 20, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Hmm. A classic case of projected neuroses about sex.