Appropriate that this post goes up at the 11th hour, one hour to midnight.
Commenter Jim Loughton, UK:
Nord-Pas de Calais Picardie the FN got 42.5% of the vote and the Republicans (with the Socialists voting tactically for them too after they withdrew their candidate) got 57.5% between them. Same story in Marion Le Pen’s region. She got 45%. The other two parties got 55% between them. The media is trying to make out it’s a huge defeat for the FN of course. The truth is if the other two parties hadn’t done a shabby back room deal, the FN would have won these two regions easily.
Commenter Stop Merkel, Niedersachsen, Germany
There is a powerful plot within the EU to stifle any criticism of Merkel’s massive influx. I have just heard from friends that one regional authority has just given around 20,000 euros from state coffers to a left wing group for propaganda against flourishing right wing groups – and apparently disguised as travel expenses! Merkel has also effectively withdrawn financial support for Germany’s most popular right party too. There are a great many dirty tricks going on to silence the majority who oppose this madness.
This was the scene last weekend:
How do you get from that to a situation, seven days later, where the purple party gets no seats whatever?
The answer is simple – it’s the same reason as in Oldham West and Royton, as in GE2015 over here where the Tories knew the Thanet result at 11:43 p.m.before the ballot boxes had even been opened, where I was told by a fairly well-placed Tory, by phone, that UKIP would get no seats [he was out by one seat], the same reason as in Tower Hamlets but there, because it was Labour and the Tories whom it had been done to, there was at least a stink and later proceedings.
It’s very difficult for apolitical people to see any complaint about the proceedings as anything other than sore losing, sour grapes. Yet the dirty pool, even by our Electoral Commission – especially by them – seems to pass most people by.
In Euro 14, there was a party on the list, at the top of the list, with a name almost identical to UKIP, with colours and logo designed to mislead. It got the 2% donkey vote. The Electoral Commission was complained about and guess where it went, that complaint?
The thing which is impossible to get through to people is that an actual Commission acted illegally, a Commission with responsibility for ensuring fair elections. This is so, so difficult to get through to people. We’re not speaking, are we, of dirty pool by the Tories or Labour – of course there was by them but it’s hardly front page news.
This was by the Electoral Commission itself and almost no one spoke up. Why not? Because they didn’t like Farage, so therefore a snow job was fine. Those are the ethics which people are happy to go with these days.
Even the left are on about the corrupt elite – Chatham House, for example is one thing the liberal left, the libertarians and many conservatives could agree on. If rampant corruption exists there, why then would it not when that very establishment saw a chance its game was going to be stymied, as in France last weekend?
Even the Tories have been on about the postal voting scams – before UKIP looked like it was going to beat them into 3rd place. Total silence, no investigation whatever.
And so to France today. How many pundits, left, right and centre, have said or written that the big two in America are all the same? The big three here, the big two in France?
And in a quid pro quo, the socialists openly asked supporters this week to back [formerly called] UMP where they themselves could not win and withdrew candidates – that’s one of the most astounding denunciations of the two party system you could see.
And the silly sods who are now going to turn around and crow, as the Beeb was swift to do, that the FN was “routed” – those percentages mean “routed”?
Voters in France have allowed one of the key battles in the killing off of western civilisation to have been lost. France is no stranger to such things – there is a town called Vichy some may recall. But are they any worse than the fools over here in 2015?
Why do the elite regard the common man with such disdain, such disrespect? Any time the common man asks that question, one of the answers is in France regionals 13-12-15. Bring on the conflagration – the sane never wanted this but here it comes.