Scousers Unite!…..or, How to win at the ‘Blame Game’

I slept late this morning, as my usual routine had been varied. I usually awaken  around 05.45, switch on the radio, listen to the Farming Programme, and then the Toady Programme, with news and comment by the BBC and its Leftist cohorts.  I still listen to the Toady slot, mainly because they cannot actually screw around with factual news; although they do try their level best to give any item the old BBC/Liberal/Socialist/Britain’s wrong again angle: but if you are even semi-alert, you can navigate your way to the truth. But this morning was different; all because of the ‘Effing Inquest’. As it had been mentioned some seventeen times in the first seventeen minutes, and my blood pressure was rising, I decided that ‘enough was enough’, switched the radio off, lay back and fell asleep again until I woke up just before 08.00 a.m. and made some tea for my wife and myself, before helping my wife get dressed.

I have written before, upon my own blogsite as well as on ATW, about the maundering thickly spread sentimentality which covers the obscene larceny which is ‘Scousedom’, the very capital of all that reeks of reminders that ‘everything is someone else’s fault’. But the sheer lunacy of giving these maundering clowns an Inquest, the mind actually boggles. It was a sad day, for sport, for football, for the clubs; but the truth is singular. Those unfortunate people died because over a thousand drunken Liverpool ‘fans’ attempted to crash a gate to get into the Hillsborough ground because they did not have tickets. True, a panicked Police inspector authorised the gate to be opened because he feared for his own life, but he did not kill the 96, it was the thuggish actions of those thousand extra people which caused the deaths by asphyxiation and crushing! It wasn’t the lack of planning by the Police, it wasn’t the badly-planned access, policing and layout of the stadium, which was the cause of the deaths, although that bad planning may have been a contributor.

The whole absurd path of the Coroner’s Hillsborough Inquest, and the subsequent verdicts, including the sentence The jury concluded that mistakes by South Yorkshire Police (SYP) and South Yorkshire Ambulance Service on the day had “caused or contributed” to the disaster but the fans did not.could have been written on the second day of the farrago, thus saving all the Coroner’s time, as well as the vast amounts of cash paid to all the QCs who had settled around the honeypot of cash which had been generated immediately the Government caved and authorised the Inquest after years of pressure from ‘the grieving families’. Grief, possibly; at least for a while: but then the search for ’Justice’ began, and then ‘Accountability’; and then, finally ‘COMPENSATION. It has always been about the Money, who gets it, how much there will be of it, and when can they spend it!

10 comments for “Scousers Unite!…..or, How to win at the ‘Blame Game’

1. david morris
    April 27, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Just about the best summary of this whole affair….

Lawyers win (in a rigged game) again

2. mikebravo
    April 27, 2016 at 3:23 pm

At least the actions of the lying, bastard, filth have come out!

As usual, big cover up to save their arses.

Much the same as JCDM. Shot in the head multiple times on a public tube train, even though the filth knew, that the person that they claimed he was mistaken for, was already in Rome.

• April 27, 2016 at 4:29 pm

And, just as with JCDM, the public would have forgiven a cockup inadvertently created in order to prevent another disaster elsewhere (outside the grounds).

But the coverup? That always gets you in the end. Duckenfield should have said ‘I opened the gates because I assessed there was a risk that people would be crushed outside’ and he’d have weathered the storm.

3. Penseivat
    April 27, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I wonder, if the jury had come up with the decision that all the deaths were accidental, would those grieving relatives have accepted that and stood together singing that song from ‘The King and I’? Or, would they have claimed it was a government whitewash and demanded another inquiry? In other words, would they have wanted more and more inquiries until the ‘correct’ result had been reached? The questions the jury had to answer did not, in my opinion, go far enough. They could have been asked if the late arrival of the train carrying Liverpool supporters contributed to the crowd unable to gain entry through the locked gates; if the fact that a large number of those demanding entry had no tickets for an all ticket game contribute to the mob mentality; if the fact that ambulance crews and paramedics were prevented access to the injured by belligerent Liverpool supporters contributed to the high death rate? Unfortunately, it has long been known that you cannot criticise the land of John, George, Paul and Ringo and the embarkation point of thousands of slaves to the New World, without the great god Scouse falling on your head. My cynical mind can’t help thinking that these grieving relatives will continue to be traumatised right up until the compensation cheque clears. That the Police could, and should, have dealt with the situation better than they did and the continual lies and obstacles placed before the inquiry is not in dispute and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves. Notwithstanding this, the city of perpetual victims should look inward at their contribution and act accordingly, whatever that is.

• Grumps
      April 28, 2016 at 4:57 pm

BTW The song is from ‘Carousel’ not The ‘King and I’.

We are now in the period of Virtue Signalling. Who wouldn’t side with the bereaved families? Their hooligan son/brother/dad – or gender neutral equivalent – lost his/her/shis life in a tragic way. Therefore someone is TO BLAME.

The compo-claimers will milk this, but the more noise they make, the more we will all get tired of it and the tables will turn. I predict the SYP will be claiming an apology for calumny in a couple of years – more compo.

• April 29, 2016 at 5:37 am

Again, need to explain that Word Press puts first time comments in moderation. Last evening, neither of us were there so sorry ’bout that.

4. Henry Kaye
    April 27, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Hindsight is very easy. I haven’t read the detail of the inquest because I didn’t believe that a fair verdict would be arrived at. One thing I did find though – in view of the tragedy that was the subject of the inquest, I would have thought that the grieving relatives and survivors would have reacted in a more sober fashion – rather than the happy, cheering, gleeful demonstration that took place.

5. mona
    April 28, 2016 at 8:21 pm

It is clear the Police Service employ more liars than they ever arrest.

6. Penseivat
    April 29, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Today’s paper carries the story of a Ryanair flight from Liverpool having to be diverted because of fighting between drunken passengers. Now waiting for the investigation to rule that the fault lies with Ryanair, the French Police, and Maggie Thatcher, the passengers, of course, being blameless.
    Grumps, thanks for the correction 🙁

7. April 29, 2016 at 6:16 pm

I’ve always maintained that coverage in mainstream media always spun any criticism of fans behaviour to seem as if it was aimed at the people who were injured or died. From the start reasonable people understood that was never the intention and that the dead and injured were genuine fans while the culprits were those who turned up not with tickets but with that typical scouse sense of entitlement, determined to get in without paying.

When I hear people talking about justice now, I can only wonder if they understand there is a difference between justice and vengance.