Housekeeping

Probably time to update the advertising banner in the header. Anything you’d like to see advertised by us?

7 comments for “Housekeeping

1. Lord T
    August 1, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I’ve heard of this new scribbling group that is starting up called Martin Scriblerus. You could advertise them.

• August 1, 2016 at 2:07 pm

If members thought it meet and right.

2. Lord T
    August 1, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Plus you could do an article and links in the sidebars on encryption and how to keep your liberty.

• August 1, 2016 at 2:09 pm

I know nothing about encryption – perhaps you do? How to keep our liberty – yes, we’ve discussed links but have been too busy on other projects. Needs looking at.

• August 1, 2016 at 4:47 pm

James, me neither, but a swift view at a site which does require encryption to safely use e-mail to pass on secure messages etc. means its a big hassle to remain ‘secure’. My mind commenced boggling after the third paragraph of the explanation, so I gave up trying to get my head around the why’s and wherefore’s.

When they were discussing making the Internet companies store all our e-mails to check for terror motives etc, using ‘pick words’, I started ending all my e-mails with suitable words such as bomb, jihad, apricot, polonium,; and everyone else was encouraged to send out the same. So when ‘Echelon’ switches into ‘search’ mode, and scans for ‘terror pick words’ their discs would fill up within fifteen microseconds. Ho ho Hum!

• August 1, 2016 at 5:00 pm

“I started ending all my e-mails with suitable words such as bomb, jihad, apricot, polonium”

Just spilt the coffee. Why are we such difficult sods? 🙂

• Lord T
          August 2, 2016 at 3:51 pm

If only that was the case. Text takes up very little space after compression and they have a very big pot to fund it, your wallet.

What it does do though is slow their searches and make looking for data like searching for a needle in a haystack. They get too many false positives. However as they only really use the data to search it after they have some hard data to find out who they are communicating with it won’t drag you in, unless you are really unfortunate.

I do have a concern about this in that at the moment adding these tails is voluntary and that marks you out as someone they want to see on their lists ready for when they start making 4 am calls on behalf of the stasi, or as we know her, the PM.