The piece which follows the arrest and conviction of David Rodgers for ‘coercive behaviour’ has to be read and digested in full to get the true flavour of this truly unsavoury character, and his equally-weird girlfriend.
Seems as though the couple have known each other from the age of 14, but the trial recalled that:-
- He made other threats of violence when he feared the couple would break up.
- He stated ‘You’re mine now, you have got my kid, you’re going nowhere’ before storming into the bathroom and cutting his own leg in a deliberate act of self harm.
- He was holding a pillow over Miss Kent’s face as she lay on a sofa panting for breath
- He further stated :- ‘Let the games begin – there will be a bullet in your head in a bit.’
- Miss Kent gave evidence in the trial, but claimed her statement was ‘lies or massive exaggeration’. However, she did admit sending a text to a friend saying: ‘Call the police.’
She is still in a relationship with Rodgers.
But the truly outstanding commentary printed was the fact that Rodgers has 288 previous convictions,
And these two walking disaster areas have exactly the same voting power as you or I! I have to admit that this particular piece of real ‘life’ spurs me to ask why the Court did not impose reporting restrictions, as the reality literally boggles the mind!