Saved in the nick of time: or, Praise be to Jeremy Corbyn!

I just don’t know what to say, Mohammed. I know that its on the wrong side of Kensington High St., I know that we can’t sublet this flat,  as so many of our brethren did in the Tower, I  also know that most of the furniture comes from Heals and not Harrods, but I kind of miss that smart shiny cladding on the outside of the flats: it made it feel just like home.

……….(sigh)

But I suppose it’ll do until Allah, or the stupid British Taxpayers; provide something better in Knightsbridge!

6 comments for “Saved in the nick of time: or, Praise be to Jeremy Corbyn!

1. John in cheshire
    June 21, 2017 at 6:37 pm

This response epitomises a kneejerk reaction. Why Mrs May couldn’t wait out the initial furore, perhaps for another week or two, and then go about providing appropriate arrangements for those affected, including deporting those who shouldn’t be here. Instead, what she done will not solve the underlying overcrowding problem and it will probably create an even bigger one.

2. June 21, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Including welcoming and settling the dozens of ‘Families’ arriving for the funerals.

3. Penseivat
    June 22, 2017 at 9:46 pm

I’ll give it 6 months and the place will be a shithole.

4. June 22, 2017 at 9:59 pm

When still at school in Newcastle, I travelled by bus to school, passing a building site which eventually became a row of brand new two storey homes. These were given to Council tenants who were being relocated from slums down towards the river which were being demolished.

Less than a year later, all the flats were emptied, and the council proceeded with refurbishments, as they were, literally, in such a bad state of repair that the sitting tenants were all evicted: the final straw for the council was when the brand new wooden cladding was torn off the walls and walkways and burnt.

• Errol
      June 23, 2017 at 1:19 pm

People should have to earn welfare payments. Litter picking – per bag of rubbish, for example. Gardening in the local area. If they can’t manage that, then just stop feeding them.

Starvation is a good motivator.

5. Errol
    June 23, 2017 at 12:29 pm

That’s our money they’re spending. Money taken from me and given to people who haven’t earned it. Who’s sole reason for getting it is because they can’t afford it themselves.

Where’s my meal ticket? Why do I work 40 hour weeks, see 67% of my earnings destroyed in tax and have a massive state do nothing for me? Where’s my free luxury house?

I’m bloomin angry. They haven’t earned it. They don’t deserve it. They shouldn’t get it. Why do I live in a shoebox and struggle for space, paying for all my things when they’re given them, for free out of my efforts? Lots of people can’t work – that’s fine. I don’t mind doing everything to help them. They deserve it. I hate – despise giving money to freeloading wasters whose sole claim is being fecking foreigners with their hands out.