and what now for UKIP?

I watched the whole of Anne Marie Waters’ UKIP hustings speech, and once again was reminded of the built-in bias, within all of British politics, against anyone who actually speaks without spin, without ambiguity, without double-meaning euphemisms on the only subject which is seemingly protected by an unwritten law: which states ‘Do not mention Islam, Muslims, Sharia Law, encroaching Ghetto-isation; because if you do, you will be promptly labelled the worst ever; namely ‘Racist’.

Nigel Farage’s one-man crusade against the EU, against everything it stands for, included speaking out against Muslims who did not integrate, who wished to import their own Sharia Law; and against the illusion of allowing mass migrations of mainly Muslims because ‘they will be assimilated’. That sort of thinking, relevant of only one breed, namely ‘The Borg’, forgets to establish who is assimilating whom.

Similarly with  Miss Waters, whose former associations with people deemed to be of the ‘Far-right’ persuasion, whatever that actually means; is supposed to work against her: is persuasive to me at least that she stands firm on the right grounds. She firmly believes that the only way out of the EU is right out: forming a link through possibly the EFTA process, which, incidentally, also frees Britain from the dreaded tentacles of the Customs Union. But her main attack is focussed on Immigration, and mainly Muslim Immigration. I believe that she is right, but she will fail to gain any influence within UKIP, because too many minds, hands and keyboards are against her! Which would, in my own view, be a great loss for both UKIP, and for the British electorate. Why? Because, unlike 99.99% of other British politicians, she is passionate! Passionate about what she believes in, passionate about the problems looming over the horizon for Britain; and passionate in her belief that UKIP can be fashioned into a crusading Party once again!

7 comments for “and what now for UKIP?

1. Lord T
    August 29, 2017 at 11:19 am

UKIP is finished. It needs someone strong at the helm and to get rid of the namby pamby conservative types and embrace more BNP type people.

• Mudplugger
      August 29, 2017 at 11:59 am

I refer to think that UKIP is ‘sleeping’, ready to be roused should Brexit not deliver on its key issues. Any new leader will only be holding the fort.

If a Brexit-con happens, Farage will then return, as he’s the only viable figurehead with the necessary presence to mobilise all the Leave voters with whatever tactics are required to achieve the goal.
      Only this time, don’t expect it to be constrained to electoral methods, the game will have changed, so the tactics will need to reflect that. The next cocktail party’s menu may owe more to Molotov than Martini.

2. Mona
    August 29, 2017 at 12:50 pm

I am boiling with anger, I have just read of a 5 yr old white Christian girl who has been put into foster care against her mothers wishes with a Muslim family the girl is very distressed and is being forced to learn Arabic, the Tower Hamlets Council should be sued for the mental torture of a child, Ann Marie Waters is needed now by UKIP

• Ed P
      August 29, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Does this happen the other way around, i.e., a Muslim child fostered by a Christian family?
      No, I thought not, but I’m not surprised: I know some social workers who would all “think” that’s acceptable.

3. john in cheshire
    August 29, 2017 at 3:16 pm

I shall be voting for her, assuming this time I actually receive a ballot paper.

4. August 29, 2017 at 5:12 pm

The important thing is if the heart and ideas are in the right area. Feel the Donald is drifting away from good, AMW clearly is still there, like Sebastian Gorka.

It’s interesting to me that such a diverse three as Julia, Mike and I can still be at one on things such as this. Plus you.

5. Distant Relative
    August 30, 2017 at 2:27 pm

The child has been returned to her family and Judge orders investigation.

“Judge Khatun Sapnara, a Muslim, told the council it was in the girl’s best interests to live with a family member who could keep her safe, promote her welfare and meet her needs ‘in terms of ethnicity, culture and religion’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4834846/Christian-girl-placed-foster-care-family.html#ixzz4rFDxcYZP