Cancer

Is this a bit too good to be true? One would like to think it will become possible:

Scientists at Albert Einstein College of Medicine have discovered the first compound that directly makes cancer cells commit suicide while sparing healthy cells. The new treatment approach, described in today’s issue of Cancer Cell, was directed against acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells but may also have potential for attacking other types of cancers.

“We’re hopeful that the targeted we’re developing will prove more effective than current anti-cancer therapies by directly causing to self-destruct,” says Evripidis Gavathiotis, Ph.D., associate professor of biochemistry and of medicine and senior author of the study. “Ideally, our compounds would be combined with other treatments to kill cancer faster and more efficiently—and with fewer adverse effects, which are an all-too-common problem with standard chemotherapies.”

At this very moment, heart complications caused a few more tests to be done yesterday and changes made, it continues Monday, I’m not all that well. One of those tests was for diabetes, something I could do without thank you very much.

Add cancer to that and it would not be all that much fun. I don’t even wish cancer on Blair, Obama, Clinton or Hammond – I wish many other things on them but not that.

Let’s hope this new cancer treatment at Albert Einstein works out for all and that Big Pharma don’t get their paws on it.

Speaking of Big Pharma and attempts to get around it, what do you think of this?

An anarchist takes on the drug industry — by teaching patients to make their own meds

[H/T Chuckles]

12 comments for “Cancer

1. Errol
    October 14, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Sorry to hear that James. I’ve nothing useful to say. All these things seem to be off in the distance but I hope they help you.

2. maz
    October 14, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I wish for you the best of help, James.

3. Mona
    October 14, 2017 at 8:23 pm

See what cured President Jimmy Carter of Brain cancer , I saw him say Cannabis oil , on CNBC. read “A WORLD WITHOUT CANCER” The Story of Vitamin B17 by G. Edward Griffin. –The Cure for all Cancers by Hulda Clark Ph.D.,ND or Jason Vale. on YOU-TUBE, interviewed by G Edward Griffin, or Run From the Cure by Rick Simpson–You Tube, my best wishes.

4. Hereward Unbowed.
    October 14, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Wishing you well mate, sincerely.

5. October 14, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Just making it clear that there’s no cancer with me at this time, only heart complications and pulmonary. Those other two things I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Adding [including Thud] – kind thoughts. The bottom line is how quickly it can fall away but the upside is that they rule out other things, which is nice to know.

• Voice of Reason
      October 15, 2017 at 10:05 pm

I have had high blood sugar for about 2 years, and had open-heart surgery in June. I am now back to about 80% functioning. Don’t worry.

6. October 14, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Stay well, you are needed.

7. al
    October 15, 2017 at 4:02 am

Look this up, Mebendazole, there is some very surprising research on this.

8. Hereward Unbowed.
    October 15, 2017 at 10:00 am

You got a big heart James, plus a classic ‘roller’ an engine which demands fine tuning and proper care and maintenance :).

Though and here I speak personally, I sometimes think that reading the stuff I peruse is not conducive to conserving a soundness of mind nor it follows to bodily wellbeing but then, we need to bear witness, for if not us – then who?

Mind you, I could not bring myself to watch ‘that woman’ on Marr’s SundayMarxism a religious effort of ‘Ideology to stuff the Christians with’.

9. October 15, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Heart, lungs, guts, brain: one or another will get us all in the end unless a mishap with a bus occurs first. Take it easier my friend. I have managed for a while with several. Diabetes is controllable with pills and ain’t so bad. Strokes are a bugger. It all throws you off and slows you down a bit but the heart problems does that too. Throw sleep apnea into the mix and with a bit of luck I may go in my sleep when the power fails and my machine shuts off.

10. October 15, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Stay well, James. We’re all rooting for you.

11. October 16, 2017 at 8:13 am

Cheers all and all the best in your own.